How to lock??????????????

boostedcielo01

Reaction score
I hope i posted this in the right section. im new to this forum and just have one question. On a lot of the older motorola phones, such as the razer, you could lock individual things like media, messages, or anything else just about. Is there a way to lock individual things on the moto droid?? The only thing i want to lock are my messages and i cant figure out how. Thanks for any help.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Perhaps with an app... I don't know of any off the top of my head.

Habute

Reaction score
While viewing your message in the thread mode, just touch and hold the message, a pop up menu will appear with the option to lock message.

ShowTime

Reaction score
While viewing your message in the thread mode, just touch and hold the message, a pop up menu will appear with the option to lock message.

Just tried this... it doesn't seem to do anything? Anyone shed soem light on what it actually does?

Habute

Reaction score
Just tried this... it doesn't seem to do anything? Anyone shed soem light on what it actually does?

Is there a picture of the a pad lock that appears next to the message? If so that message is locked, prevents it from being accidentally deleted (either manual or auto purge) until you unlock the message. This is useful if you have an address or appointment information that you don't want to lose

ShowTime

Reaction score
Yea there is. Ah, this was the only thing I could think of that it might be doing. Useful I suppose.

Habute

Reaction score
Oops seems you can manually delete a locked message, however if you delete the whole tread it asks you if you want to delete the locked messages too.

bradford88

Reaction score
That probably just prevents Android from automatically deleting the message after the set amount of days. If you are able to delete it manually anyways...