I'm running Apex 1.3.1 and want to revert to stock 2.2. I tried flashing the stock 2.2 images through ROM manager but all it did was reboot my phone (says I have to be on 2.1). How do I "SBF" back to stock 2.2?
I was on 2.2 with the FlyX ROM and never made a backup of the stock ROM. Now I would like to revert back to stock so I can get the 2.2.340 OTA. Is there a guide somewhere on how to do this? I couldn't find it. Thanks!
Thank you! I'm following your sbf tutorial right now.
The reason I wanted to get the 2.3.340 OTA was because I wanted the Rubix 1.9.5 ROM to work properly (music wasn't playing). I made a nandroid backup right before doing all of this. So would I be able to restore my nandroid backup and call it a day, or would I have to redo everything again (flashing the ROM & restoring my apps with TB)? Thanks again.
1) When I try to do a system update now that I'm on 2.3.320, it's saying "Your device is up to date! No update is necessary at this time." I downloaded the update.zip from somewhere else and tried to apply it in recovery mode, but it gave me an Error and Status 7.
2) I tried to use z4root to re-root my phone, but it's not working. The screen that says "Running exploit in order to obtain root access..." has been on for over 20 mins. I retried it again with the same result.
What should I do now?
Thanks for the link! I haven't gotten the chance to see if the camera was working properly yet. My MP3s not playing was enough for me. Hopefully I can escape that camera issue.
OK, so after looking all over for solutions while not having much knowledge in this at all, this is what I ultimately did that worked (and I'm sure it was not the short & easy way):
1) SBF to 2.3.320
2) SBF using the 2.3.340 system only file following this thread after update wouldn't work
3) Applied TBH patches from this thread to update the kernel & bootloader versions
4) Used Z4root to root my phone (which finally worked after the above steps)
Now I just have to reinstall the Rubix 1.9.5 ROM and see what other problems I may encounter.