How to get music on my Droid

st3V3

Reaction score
I have a Macbook Pro and can't find a way to get my music from iTunes to my Droid (No, not locked songs). However when I connect the cable it wont recognize the phone. And blue tooth keeps telling me "file wont transfer". So is this something I can put on the SD card via a card reader? Or is there some other method?

Thanks

altjx

Reaction score
I have a Macbook Pro and can't find a way to get my music from iTunes to my Droid (No, not locked songs). However when I connect the cable it wont recognize the phone. And blue tooth keeps telling me "file wont transfer". So is this something I can put on the SD card via a card reader? Or is there some other method?

Thanks

u can use a card reader also. i've used this a few times when having that issue on linux. just transferring music to the SD card via card reader works just fine. make sure u drag it to a folder called "music" on the sd card though

d33p

Reaction score
card reader definately is a go. alternatively, u can buy yourself a cheap 1GB microSD which comes with a SD converter. Or if you prefer the painful methond, you can set up a online shared file space (just like box.net). Or (one more thing lol) just like my situation, if you have a NAS in your home you can make your droid download the music files overnight.

BTW also you can try searching a 3rd party bluetooth stack for your mac which supports OBEX file transfer protocol for bluetooth. Droid (or android in general) doesn't seem to recognize the traditional FTP protocol

hope it helps. deep.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Here's how I do it.

Connect the phone via USB cable to my computer. Then, on the phone, you have to make sure to "Mount the SD Card." After that, you can open up your SD card folder and create a subfolder called Music. Then, you can drag and drop music from your music folder, (not iTunes, but the root folder where your music is stored), to the Music folder on your SD card.

Sure, there's no syncing. But to me, this is a pretty painless process that makes sure I get exactly the right music I want on my phone.

Good luck.