How to get a Rooted Revolution from trying the OTA update ???

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
I'm a little confused by this whole thread. Are you guys saying that you have successfully rooted V6? Or that you guys are downgrading back to V4 then re-rooting? I've asked a couple times but never got an answer so I'm just curious. If anyone can clear this up then that would be greatly appreciated!

shad0wman

Reaction score
What do I do if my revo isn't recognized by my computer anymore? I have Windows 7, it was always recognized before but I have always charged my phone from my computer so it was plugged in a lot and long sessions. I tried rooting with the rageagainstthecage and all that until realizing that it wont work because i have v6 and not v4. I did not brick or anything but now I can't seem to have my computer recognize my phone. Nothing shows up on phone or computer. The phone still charges but I cant put music on it, see it in my computer, device manager, and i have tried all usb modes and to ask which one when plugged in and it does not even prompt me for that, it just charges. Before it stopped being recognized, it was always really random, i would have to re-plug in the cord or mess with the modes and then it would show up but now I cant get any of that. I do not know what to do please help. I also JUST reformatted my computer and factory reset my phone and same result, even after manually installing drivers, I have NOT tried a new cable yet but I do not know why this fairly new cord I have would stop working when it worked not to recently.

niblonions

Reaction score
Trying to root my Revo

I cant seem to get the LGNPST to locate the file vs910.dll

ERailsb08

Reaction score
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ally3447
hmm. thats interesting. Im running windows 7 32 bit. I think I google the dll error when I got it. try that and see what some of the microsoft forums say. There could be something we are both forgetting to do

---Are you saying you're on the V6 update and it's rooted? Or, did you downgrade to V4 then root?

spc_hicks09 ===>
Read page 2, post 11, it clearly says that they are downgrading to V4 in order to root.

droidthx

Reaction score
dll error

ok i am at the rooting step and having an issue.

as far as the dll error.. you must run command prompt as administrator. here is how:
1. click the start menu button, under search type "cmd". command will show at the top of the start menu. scroll over top cmd, right click and select " run as administrator" . then type in the following command

regsvr32.exe "C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\Models\VS910.dll"

You should get a pop up which says registration complete.

2. i am to the step of running superoneclick. i have the rageagainstthecage.bin installed. after i click root, it goes through steps 1-4 of rooting, and then freezes at step 5. i will try to reboot and root during startup. anyone else having this issue? let me know thanks. -droidthx

tommyg562000

Reaction score
Seems like this thread has been hijacked. Does anybody actually know the answer to the OP's question?

droidthx

Reaction score
ota root

i havent run into an issue yet with updates. but i know that i just downgraded this revo and finished the root procedure. its a little tricky and involved. i will look into any update notifications i can and see what i can find out. in the mean time...i saw on here many people looking for ways to root and if your skimming to the back of this thread like me, you can root the evo v6, you just have to downgrade first. ill put these links down below as im sure its been already posted a hundred times on this thread alone.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/lg...volution-trying-ota-update-2.html#post1714595

niblonions

Reaction score
Still Cant get my Windows 7 64 Bit to Locate the VS910.dll file

I have tried putting the file into system 32 and in the models folder. I cant register it. I tried using the Command Prompt way but do not know how to make myself the Administrator. Please HELP!!!!

OP
J

jetman

Reaction score
Seems like this thread has been hijacked. Does anybody actually know the answer to the OP's question?

Good question.... I'm the OP and have yet to get an answer to my question. I'm glad you guys are getting your phones all rooted, but couldn't you have started a separate thread devoted to JUST that?? My phone was rooted BEFORE the updates (1 click method) but it still is trying to update and it's really becoming a pain. Without UN-rooting it is there a Gingerbread ROM I could load or something I could do to just make it stop???

nsbradley88

Reaction score
Can someone place the v4 firmware online, I've looked for the past few days and with all of the internet anti-piracy lock down stuff fileserve no longer offers it for download.

Twizlful

Reaction score
I can't find any rom downloads or whatever they are can on rom manager that will work for my LG Revo 2.3.4. I'm a little disappointed seems like this phone would have a theme or something to put on. Which is the main reason I rooted my phone :(

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

Twizlful

Reaction score
Any custom roms/mods on rom manager that will work for my phone* stupid Swift X keyboard is trying to be smart and autocorrect me

brbal

Reaction score
Freeze the software update app with root uninstaller to stop updates

Reaction score
Freeze the software update app with root uninstaller to stop updates

How is this done? Because having the OTA try to push my phone 5 days away at 2am is really annoying. It's killing my battery and burning memory most days I'm starting and re-starting and pulling the battery to unfreeze it almost 3 times a day. Or I can simply go to VZN and get a phone with the ZV8 update on it, and hope to high SummerLands someone builds a root for it. I know everyone hates the REVO and there is like 0-No tech on here for it. But someone please help me. I love my root especially when I go out of town and have to take my laptop with me.

brbal

Reaction score
Open the Google play market. Download root uninstaller app. Browse the system apps in root uninstaller. When you see software update, tap on it. It will ask if you want to backup, freeze, delete, and a few other options. Tap on FREEZE. once frozen you will not have any more OTA push updates.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rootuninstaller.free