[How-To] Force Motorola Droid 2.1 OTA Update (ESE81)

shannonhill58

Reaction score
is everyone's pinch to zoom working? Mine it not but i have everything else working.:)

pcallycat

Reaction score
Mine is working. Be sure that you are on a website or image that is actually zoomable. For example, mobile sites that natively fit in the screen, usually don't enable the zoom function.

jinyimichael

Reaction score
Please help !!! !!!

Download this file:

https://android.clients.google.com/updates/voles/signed-voles-ESE81-from-ESD56.fa406da6.zip

OR

signed-voles-ESE81-from-ESD56.fa406da6.zip

Put on the root of your sdcard (not in a folder)

Rename to update.zip

Power phone off

Boot into recovery (power phone on while holding down x)

When you see the triangle with the exclamation point, press the volume up key and camera button key (only press the camera key down half way)

Navigate to “apply update.zip” and press the gold center button on the keyboard to select it. It will start the update process

Reboot

If your installation is 'aborted', it's probably because you named the file update.zip in Windows, which results in a file called update.zip.zip. Try renaming it to just 'update'

-------------------------------
credit to ugot2go123 and Speeddymon at Alldroid.

I did the forced update to 2.1 However, I don't know if this is what some of you are experiencing. I still three screens like before, don't know that's normal. Another weird this is Market can't open, i open it, it closes itself in a second. No matter how many times I try, it does the same thing all the time. Is that normal or there is a way to fix it.. HELP PLEASE .....

xRITE AIDEx

Reaction score
Mine keeps saying "aborted" I tried renaming it and nothing, help please i've tried doing it over and over

E.1999

Reaction score
does this work with a rooted phone with nandroid? if so how do i do it just put it in the nandroid folder?

xRITE AIDEx

Reaction score
Mine keeps saying "aborted" I tried renaming it and nothing, help please i've tried doing it over and over
Do you have windows 7?

No I thought you could do this all on the phone, no compute involved(but vista) and if you could, please walk me through step by step, every detail please) thank you so much

Edit: btw the computer isnt even letting the phone get read on here, as like theres no driver at all. Its no connecting basicly

Last edited:

artshark

Reaction score
weird, regarding no 3d launcher. oh well. 3d wallpapers work fine, but probably waste too much battery

gr8scotts

Reaction score
help my phone just keeps going threw the droid flash screen over and over after i tried to force update.

Last edited: