How to fix double text message problem

saywhaa

Reaction score
no, don't do this. unless handcent got entirely re coded it piggy backs off of the official messaging app. this might screw things up for ya.

Edit: You lose the ability to use MMS if you delete the stock messenger and just use handcent.

well it let me send MMS just couldnt recieve them. i use the liberty customizer to reinstall the ASOP messaging and im going to try and use goSMS.

after i reinstalled the ASOP messaging it started double texting again.
I redid customizer and installed blur this time and first text received was not a double, why don't you try this and see is something is wrong with the aosp messenger.

for some reason when i tried the blur messanger would open and close really quick. i uninstalled that did the ASOP and installed GOsms which actually works great without any doubles.

OP
nordy420

nordy420

Reaction score
well it let me send MMS just couldnt recieve them. i use the liberty customizer to reinstall the ASOP messaging and im going to try and use goSMS.

after i reinstalled the ASOP messaging it started double texting again.
I redid customizer and installed blur this time and first text received was not a double, why don't you try this and see is something is wrong with the aosp messenger.

for some reason when i tried the blur messanger would open and close really quick. i uninstalled that did the ASOP and installed GOsms which actually works great without any doubles.

Ha, well looks like everybody wins. Even though the root of the problem wasn't found at least the doubles are gone.

saywhaa

Reaction score

Ha, well looks like everybody wins. Even though the root of the problem wasn't found at least the doubles are gone.

lol ya, now i dont have to email people instead of texting since i was getting annoyed.

Damon

Reaction score
You mean that you get double notification. If so, launch the stock text app. Hit menu key, go to settings and disable the notifications.

Thanks for the reply, no no I get two sms with every program on the phone. Double texts, the notification indicator will even show that I have 2 messages. Like when I get a text, there is text messages and messages that came with lgb. 06. Both of those would notify in notifification, but both would indicate 2 messages were received. The messages were repeated of themselves.

Oh, that is funny. I am using Go SMS and everything is fine. Maybe you can have a try too.

Fabyloso

Reaction score
I was using GOSMS Pro and was receiving text notifications marked "2" or sometimes "3" per text. It was very annoying. I think I had ASOP Text installed, but I was annoyed so much I went back to stock 596. I'll wait for next Liberty update to test again.