How to edit email signature?

CMD130

Reaction score
Okay, I can find where to edit the signature for my email on my Droid Bionic. However, earlier I had removed the Verizon OEM Sig, which states something like: "Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Bionc." This was in italics as shown here.

Now when I go back to ad another sig, I get a keyboard without the ability to bold, italisize or underline text.

I've looked and looked to see where I may find this in another "settings" menu but to no avail.

Can someone help me with this please.

Thanks!

Goddesslisa

Reaction score
The easiest way for me, unless I am miss understanding. Is open up your universal inbox, go into message settings. Then go into email, then choose compose options, chose the account that you want to do this to, and you should be able to change it there. I hope that helps.

OP
CMD130

CMD130

Reaction score
Lisa,

Here's what I find:

I go to my Gmail Inbox. (I only have one email account). I hit the left bottom key, (don't know the proper name for that), then touch "More" and then "Settings."

Under "Settings" these are my choices: "General Preferences" which then gives me "Message Actions," "Clear Search History" and "Clear 'Show Pictures'.

When I tap on my email account then I have these choices:

Priority Inbox
Signature
Confirm Actions
Reply All
Auto Advance
Message Text Size
Batch Operations
Sync Inboxes and Labels

(Below that is "Notification Settings")

I can't find anything that says "Compose Options."

It appears you have the new Driod Bionic also, . . . where am I going wrong?

Thank you!

Goddesslisa

Reaction score
Ok here is what I have done. I know exactly what you are talking about. Your not doing anything wrong. With the gmail account set up like that you can only change the signature, not the font size bold or italics.
What on accident and i found I like it better. I went into univerisal messaging box, clicked on the left bottom button went to manage accounts, add account clicked on the email button set it up that way. Then you can go into it and change the signature anyway but be aware you will get the emails coming in through reg email and through the gmail, and i dont know if that is something that can be changed. I will look into it, and see if i can find something out.
Hope that helps, I'll see what else i can find out

OP
CMD130

CMD130

Reaction score
You're the best. I actually had wondered about that as I did have my email configured that way originally. And I don't really want (or need) two of the same accounts. Let me know what you find.

Thanks,

Dave

Goddesslisa

Reaction score
Dave,
From what I found out you need to have the gmail in there under the google account so that way it can sync your calander, contacts, and books and email.
However if you just have it under reg email, you dont get to sync those items. But reg email does allow you to push the gmail through that way.
So in otherwords its mainly for calander, books and contacts.
Hope that helps.
Lisa

Goddesslisa

Reaction score
Dave I think I got it,
You do still want to keep it under the google, however if you add it again. Go into settings, accounts, click on the google account, uncheck sync gmail. So it will still sync everything else, just wont pull gmail in through google. Then you should be able to just get it once and through reg email. I'm going to run mine like this for today and i will let you know tonight what i find out.
Lisa