How to delete Myxer ringtones from Moto Droid

Corbett2

Reaction score
I've tried ASTRO and File Manager but still can't find were the ringtones were saved to from Myxertones....I really don't want to have to restore my phone to factory settings....is there any other way to delete them?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've tried ASTRO and File Manager but still can't find were the ringtones were saved to from Myxertones....I really don't want to have to restore my phone to factory settings....is there any other way?

I use Androzip (seems to be easier to navigate through IMO). They should be on your SD card somewhere. Look in /sd card for a myxer file or they may be in /sd/media.

OP
C

Corbett2

Reaction score
These are the files under my SD card:

android_secure (empty)
Android
DCIM
LOST.DIR
backup
download
foursquare
tmp

I can't find anything in any of them that seems like a myxer file...any other suggestions?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
These are the files under my SD card:

android_secure (empty)
Android
DCIM
LOST.DIR
backup
download
foursquare
tmp

I can't find anything in any of them that seem like a myxer file...any other suggestions?

Hmmm...what about system/media/audio? This would be on your phone, not the SD card. Are you rooted?

OP
C

Corbett2

Reaction score
Nothing called system, media, or audio....I have absolutely no clue what rooted means...sorry :/....under SD/Android/data/com.google.android.genie.geniewidget.news-content...there is something that is 0 bytes called .nomedia...that's it :/

OP
C

Corbett2

Reaction score
I tried looking in the music app too....nothing in there. (I don't have any other music on my phone though)....PS I bought my Moto Droid as one of those Certified return things...also, ringtone remover finds no deletable ringtones :/

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Set your USB connection to Mass Storage. There you should see a lot more folders...look into Downloads first. Also, using Myxer, did you have Myxer send the ringtones as downloadable through MMS? Downloads is the first place I would look...if they are not there, then its off to each individual folder until you find them...

OP
C

Corbett2

Reaction score
1. How do you change your usb connection to that?

2. Yes I believe so, it sends it and I receive it in my messages. I then follow a web link and click a download button.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
1. How do you change your usb connection to that?

2. Yes I believe so, it sends it and I receive it in my messages. I then follow a web link and click a download button.

1) Plug the phone into your PC via the USB cable...
2) Once connected, at the top of your phone, you should see USB listed in the notification bar..
3) Pull down the notification bar and tap the USB listed there...
4) Now you should see multiple Modes listed for USB - PC, Charge Only, Mass Storage
5) Select Mass Storage...now you should be able to see ALL folders on your device when looking with Astro
6) Search all folders for your ring tones you want to delete

OP
C

Corbett2

Reaction score
Yah that also didn't work...I tried the search option within ASTRO and changed the advanced settings to just / instead of /mnt/ but nothing still...I also tried opening the files when it is connected to my computer and searched using the computer's find tool but still didn't find anything....Is it possible that they could be saved in my browser or something?