How to delete icons?

lefty78

Reaction score
I just activated the phone and love it so far, but it's going to take me a few days/weeks to adjust to the touch screen. I'm a long time blackberry user.
Anyways, there are a lot of icons on the screen I will never install or use but I cannot figure out how to delete them?? How do I do that?
It would make it easier scrolling for the actual icons I would use if I can get rid of ones I don't need.:blackberry:

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
on the homescreen or the app drawer? home screen you can long press and move to the trash where the app drawer requires an uninstall (in settings)

Jmart922

Reaction score
Whatever icons you don't want simply hold down the icon on the home screens and drag and drop into little dump bin, center bottom, open app drawer and then hold down apps you wish to have and they will automatically go to your home screen

goracer

Reaction score
:blackberry: Uses menu and trackball to hilight and select. I was in the habit of always going to the menu button becuase their is no trackball. Just think of replacing the trackball with touch for select and hold for the menu like when you clicked down on the ball.

Anyhow, touch the icon and don't let go. After about 3 seconds it shoud vibrate (selected). Slide it down tot he bottom of the phone and a trash can will pop up. Throw it away in the can.

You can also get a pop up menu from touching and holding. Similar to selecting with the roller ball and then using the BB menu button.

dancedroid

YoungVan

Reaction score
Touch and hold the folder or icon. After about 2 seconds, it will enter Move Mode. Drag the folder to the trash and then let go.Hope this will work for you.

citronbull

Reaction score
If you want to completely uninstall, drag and hold to trash icon and hold it longer about 2 seconds more. It will say "drop to uninstall" , quickest way to uninstall.