How to copy movies from PC to Droid

Gigarip1

Reaction score
I converted using DVD Catalyst, but can't figure out how to get them to the phone. I hooked up the usb cable but it does not show up under my computer?

D

dvdcatalyst

On home screen of the Droid at the very top you'll see the icon for USB mode.
Drag down from that icon and you will see the menu item USB Connected.
Click on it and select mount.

lnxtinman

Reaction score

hello, i don't have any probs converting my movies but am struggling with how to get them on my droid to watch them. when i connect to my pc i can see the folders shown below...adding photos is np. but am a bit confused on how to add and playback my converted movies i have saved on my pc. i convert movies using clone dvd mobile.

folders i see are shown below...

can any1 help me with this? i guess i need a step by step to get vids from pc to droid and play them...tia

Attachments

• droid.PNG
    droid.PNG
    41.4 KB · Views: 266

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I made a media folder on my card. Within there I have video, movies, clips, pics, music.

Just drop your movies into any folder you want, then you can play them from your phone as long as they are in the right format.

D

dvdcatalyst

hello, i don't have any probs converting my movies but am struggling with how to get them on my droid to watch them. when i connect to my pc i can see the folders shown below...adding photos is np. but am a bit confused on how to add and playback my converted movies i have saved on my pc. i convert movies using clone dvd mobile.

folders i see are shown below...

can any1 help me with this? i guess i need a step by step to get vids from pc to droid and play them...tia

Like Christim said. For movies, it doesn't matter where they are located, as long as they are in the right format they will appear in Gallery, the default multimedia player on Android.

Filetypes that are accepted as video are MP4. With Clone DVD Mobile, you should use settings similar to the iPod/iPhone profiles.

If you need a few files to make sure you are doing it correctly, you can download some droid-optimized movie trailers from this thread. Download one (or more) of the zip-files, extract the MP4 from the archive and copy it to your phone.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-audio-video/15161-droid-optimized-movie-trailers.html

lnxtinman

Reaction score
thank you, i'll try a couple from the link first....all my saved movies are for my archos and are in .avi form. i will have to use mp4 apparently. i just dragged and dropped a .avi onto my droid but it does not show up anywhere..

D

dvdcatalyst

thank you, i'll try a couple from the link first....all my saved movies are for my archos and are in .avi form. i will have to use mp4 apparently. i just dragged and dropped a .avi onto my droid but it does not show up anywhere..

For AVI, you can use "RockPlayer"

Support Android OS : 1.6 – 2.2
Support Media format : avi mkv rmvb flv mp4 3gp wmv mov asf , divx xvid h264
rv40
CPU Requirement: ARMV6 、ARMV7 .device must support VFP (NOT Support: HTC G1
G2 G3 )
Download link : ?? - RockPlayer | Google ????
Official Forum : www.diffthink.com • Index page
www.diffthink.com • View topic - RockPlayer first public BETA release
Must uninstall the old version before install if any. And this public beta
will expire at July-15-2010.

I do recommend converting them to (H264) MP4 format, because that format is supported by the hardware (a dedicated chip) of your phone which saves on battery-life.

lnxtinman

Reaction score
i installed one of the trailors and it worked great....:icon_ banana:.....i think i got that figured out...on a unrelated note....i assume mp3 music i have saved is done in same manner and will show up in music folder on droid if i drag and drop them same way. thank you very much for your help.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've found rockplayer doesn't work with all of the listed formats yet either. wmv files tend to play back without sound and in v e r y s l o w motion. It's still in beta.

D

dvdcatalyst

i installed one of the trailors and it worked great....:icon_ banana:.....i think i got that figured out...on a unrelated note....i assume mp3 music i have saved is done in same manner and will show up in music folder on droid if i drag and drop them same way. thank you very much for your help.

Music should work the same, but I'm not sure if Gallery would be the way to go for that. There are better mp3 players in the market.