How to avoid the OTA and update to DM1.1

Silverwing

Reaction score
So, my phone is harassing me that it wants to update to android 2.1. I keep telling it later, but obviously this will get old, very quick. I am still running rooted DM 1.0.

How can I install DM 1.1?

I am afraid, if I turn my phone off, that it will install android 2.1 and unroot with no way of going back. So how do I go about doing this?

Reaction score
dont quote me on this but im pretty sure that you can only get the OTA 2.1 update if you allow it to download and install, i dont think that turning off your phone would cause any problems.

OP
S

Silverwing

Reaction score
Ahh, so it has not actually been downloaded until I allow it?

Zaeolos

Reaction score
So, my phone is harassing me that it wants to update to android 2.1. I keep telling it later, but obviously this will get old, very quick. I am still running rooted DM 1.0.

How can I install DM 1.1?

I am afraid, if I turn my phone off, that it will install android 2.1 and unroot with no way of going back. So how do I go about doing this?

Let it download and reboot. When it comes up to Sprecovery, just select 'Reboot System'. It should stop bugging you after that and will not install 2.1. This will work if you are rooted with DM 1.0.

MacMan76

Reaction score
When the update notice pops up, It says that it`s been downloaded and verified. If you turn your phone off and back on it wil start the update process. Just so people will know, there is a way to revert back. I manually installed the 2.1 update-1 as soon as i saw it posted on my never rooted Droid and was sorry i did it. So I went on a search in this forum and found the proper tools and help. Now I`m back at stock 2.0.1 with root access.

Phillipsave

Reaction score
I agree with Zealous & Never, if you have DroidMod, you can ok the 2.1 update, but it will kick you into Recovery, from where you can reboot back into DroidMod, and the 2.1 will not install. However, DroidMod website says that Verizon will try to automatically install the update even if you keep saying no, even though it won't go through.

MacMan76

Reaction score
I agree also, but i really just intended to let folks know that you can go back if you screw up and install the update. Thanks for the correction. For me not being rooted, it give no choice but to update.

Fitzdroodle

Reaction score
ok quick noob question. i didnt realize that getting the 2.1 ota it would unroot my droid. i want to go back to 2.0.1 can any one point me in the right direction, thanks