How to add phone numbers to facebook contacts

Metroshica

Reaction score
I just bought my droid a few weeks ago, and I'm loving. Just have one small problem though. The first thing I did when I started up my droid was sync it with my facebook. It was great to see that great long list of contacts in my phone. The only problem is that many of those contacts did not come with phone numbers, as many of my friends don't see it fit to post their phone number on facebook. When I go to edit the contact to add the number, it says that facebook contacts can not be edited. Not sure how to go about fixing this, don't know if I have to create a seperate contact and then merge or what. Anyone have any prior problems with this or a solution on how to fix this? Thank you very much.

barbee

Reaction score
i have also been trying to figure this one out

slammed

Reaction score
i went into gmail and created made a new contact. you have to make sure you use the same name as the facebook contact and it will merge the 2.

imiller913

Reaction score
When you go into contacts you can change/add a phone number just not any of the info at the bottom under facebook contact. Hit the plus sign next to phone or whatever you want to add and it should let you update that way, thats what worked for me.

Hope that helps

OP
M

Metroshica

Reaction score
When I go to change an exsisting contact from facebook, I'm not seeing the plus sign. Do I have to do anything to pull it up?

Taegost

Reaction score
You have to create a new contact and put the number in that. If you name it the same as the Facebook contact they'll automatically merge by default

My Droid Does Tapatalk...

LabShark

Reaction score
I did that and named the contact the exact FB name - but no joy. Either I end up with the phone number I put in.....or the FB info without the phone number.

MsKtty89

Reaction score
I think that sometimes it takes a while for the two to merge. Sometimes I have two contacts with the exact same name for a couple days before they merge. I see now there is a "join" option once you make the new contact... So it's like this...

You have your Facebook contact John Doe. You create a new contact John Doe with their phone number(s). Go into one of the John Does and click menu (the 4-bar button)/Edit Contact/menu/Join (bottom right of the options given or far right, depending how you are holding phone). It will probably suggest the other John Doe as the person you Join with, otherwise you can search for them.

Good luck! This worked for me, I just did it with a double-contact I forgot I still had. :)

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Go into the FB app, under friends tap on the picture of the friend to add, tap the contacts icon,then menu and NEW, then add the info and save, then delete the old one if it's there.

whorida

Reaction score
I think that sometimes it takes a while for the two to merge. Sometimes I have two contacts with the exact same name for a couple days before they merge. I see now there is a "join" option once you make the new contact... So it's like this...

You have your Facebook contact John Doe. You create a new contact John Doe with their phone number(s). Go into one of the John Does and click menu (the 4-bar button)/Edit Contact/menu/Join (bottom right of the options given or far right, depending how you are holding phone). It will probably suggest the other John Doe as the person you Join with, otherwise you can search for them.

Good luck! This worked for me, I just did it with a double-contact I forgot I still had. :)

That's the ticket right there!!!! Just follow the join instructions above. Thanks for posting!!!!!

MsBe4uty

Reaction score
after trying for so long i finally got it. you have to go to contacts click on menu button and go to import/export and import your contacts from where you were originally saving them before you synced your facebook contacts. once done that go to the facebook contact of the person you want to add a contact to and click join contact then you can choose who you want to combine the contact with that's not already linked to face book

oxnamber

Reaction score
Figured it out...
So, 2 contacts are showing up. 1 with phone number and other with Facebook picture. Click on one with phone # and click menu button click join and pic Facebook contact. Names don't have to be exact or anything, but if they are close it will give you recommendation. :)