How sleep turbo 2 on qi2 charger? Have to click power and daydream and developer options don't fix?

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Want display off during night hours without having to click power while charging

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Do you have daydream enabled? Is that what's coming on? Or, do you mean the Home screen stays on while charging?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
The only way to get the screen off will QI2 turbo charging is to click power button and I haven't been able to make a Tasker to do that will charging. Daydream on/ off doesn't matter same with dev options. I have to face the phone at the wall at night till fixed. Still causes wall to glow. The lock or home or whatever app is open stays as is after the circle saying wireless turbo charge in progress. Have sleep screen two minutes. Still no help. Power button only thing that works. Any suggestions?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I guess I still don't understand exactly what it is that is displaying at night? Daydream On should display the time very dim. Is that what you are seeing, the time only displayed very dim?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Whatever app is open when you put on the charger. If the screen is when put on the charger then the lock screen stays. I would prefer daydream or even better nothing at night. The wireless charge function I think is doing it as it wakes the phone to say it's charging then leaves lock screen or last open app lit up after it disappears. Is that clearer?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Whatever app is open when you put on the charger. If the screen is when put on the charger then the lock screen stays. I would prefer daydream or even better nothing at night. The wireless charge function I think is doing it as it wakes the phone to say it's charging then leaves lock screen or last open app lit up after it disappears. Is that clearer?

I use the Verizon wireless charger and my phone does not do that. Regardless of what screen is on, within seconds of starting to charge it goes to Daydream and stays in Daydream mode all night. In Daydream mode the phone displays the time very dimly, it's not bright at all. If you want your phone completely dark while charging try this:

1.) Settings > Display > Daydream > Turn On / Off slider to Off (upper right corner)
2.) Settings > Developer Options > Stay Awake > Make sure the slider is set to Off (it should be, that is the default option...unless it was changed)
3.) Moto App > 3 Star Menu > Display > Keep Screen Dark > The default times are 22:00 - 05:30 > Tap the Check Box to turn this On and then tap the times to set your own Stay Dark times

That should keep the screen completely dark while charging. If it does not, there might be something strange going on with the brand of charger you are using.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
What charger are you using? My turbo 1 would do this if the plug wasn't the right mah rating for wireless charging.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Samsung qi2 fast charge and also the Verizon car charger. I think it was the app gravity screen may have fixed . Still tweaking the phone.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I use the Tylt Vu Qi wireless charger that I purchased early 2015 for my T1. I do not have any issues with the display staying on while charging. However, if I use my original turbo charger included with the phone, I have to hit the power button to turn off the display. I don't use the turbo charger much except when out of town, and then I use the Clock app and put it in Night mode.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I like nothing to light at all on the phone when I plug it in at night the wireless charge is so I don't need to fumble with cords in the dark. Once I fixed gravity screen app settings it's working again

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Congratulations and thanks for the input. I'm pleased to hear that you were able to self-diagnose. That's great. Hopefully others will benefit from this and be able to sleep peacefully and in darkness (as I prefer as well).

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Congratulations and thanks for the input. I'm pleased to hear that you were able to self-diagnose. That's great. Hopefully others will benefit from this and be able to sleep peacefully and in darkness (as I prefer as well).
I do have daydream on charge on sometimes it bothers me sometimes not can it be set to daydream for say 30 minutes and then stop day dreaming for deep sleep.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have to put black tape over the Samsung qi2 wireless charger platform the power led is like a night light anybody else have this issue or a better solution

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I still have to manually click a widget I downloaded to turn off screen. Any Tasker experts that can automate the widget being pressed 20 seconds after qi3 charging is detected that would be a good fix but I have been unable to get Tasker to do it

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I still have to manually click a widget I downloaded to turn off screen. Any Tasker experts that can automate the widget being pressed 20 seconds after qi3 charging is detected that would be a good fix but I have been unable to get Tasker to do it

Are you using Widget Locker and Moto's Active Display at the same time? I'm just guessing, but think the two of those are conflicting with each other and causing your issues. Have you tried turning Active Display off and see how the phone behaves with just Widget Locker?