How much data do you use?

nikecar

Reaction score
most I have done was slightly over 4GBs. So far after 2 weeks I'm at 1.5G

prowler85

Reaction score
uh....slightly over 56 GB.....*cough* *cough*.....cycle ends Feb. 3rd.

I watch a lot of Netflix.....

orion2001

Reaction score
Do you guys who are using 10+ GB on your phones also have separate internet access that you pay for at home or do you only use your phone and/or tether for your laptops/desktops? I love my GN, but I much prefer watching stuff on my TV/ 24inch PC monitor.

I'm always on WiFi at home, so I don't use much data, and I have a remote controlled HTPC hooked up to my plasma TV, so I do all my streaming via that.

tekjunkie28

Reaction score
Y'all are nuts. I used normally 150MB but I have gone up to 650MB. My wife uses just under 1GB and I thought that was a lot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

???

Reaction score
56gig seems like a lot, but my gf once knocked down 16gig just watching some netflixs and streaming music at work on her TB. it goes fast over 4g.

i was always around 2gig on the d1, almost 6 on this nexus about the same use

prowler85

Reaction score
Do you guys who are using 10+ GB on your phones also have separate internet access that you pay for at home or do you only use your phone and/or tether for your laptops/desktops? I love my GN, but I much prefer watching stuff on my TV/ 24inch PC monitor.

I'm always on WiFi at home, so I don't use much data, and I have a remote controlled HTPC hooked up to my plasma TV, so I do all my streaming via that.

I have cable internet at home (Phoenix area) and use that to stream throughout the house (have no idea how much data I use there, but I bet it's a LOT more than my 60ish gb per month I use on my phone). My "issue" is that I during the week I work in Tucson. I used to pay for a separate WiFi, but it sucked and seemed like a waste at $30 per month. So when I went to smart phones 2 years ago, I use it to tether and watch Netflix every night. And I have my computer connected to my 42" LCD so it's a beautiful thing.

We could have the "tether" discussion, but in my opinion I could watch it on my phone, or better yet I could directly connect my phone to my TV, and I'd use the exact same amount of data, so there's no difference. I just find it more convenient to tether.

Y'all are nuts. I used normally 150MB but I have gone up to 650MB. My wife uses just under 1GB and I thought that was a lot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Wow, that's like driving your ferrari to the corner supermarket once a month. 150MB?? Do you even keep your phone turned on??

And your name is "tekjunkie"??? :blink:

Last edited:

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Wow, that's like driving your ferrari to the corner supermarket once a month. 150MB?? Do you even keep your phone turned on??

And your name is "tekjunkie"??? :blink:

If he/she is anything like me, he is probably around wifi quite often. Most of my phone's usage is done at work, where I have wifi access. At home, I use wifi most of the time. When I am out, I don't do a lot of usage. Check e-mails, do some basic web browsing, perhaps play a game..... None of that requires a lot of bandwidth. The only bandwidth intensive thing I do from time to time is stream music while in my car.

I tend to hover in the 2GB range. I have used a lot more than that, and a lot less. But I would guess in the 2GB ballpark would be my average.

spooner2007

Reaction score
If u use 60gbs would vz say something? A rep told me... anything over 5gbs is monitored...

My high is 10.5 gigs this past bill just ended on the 20th

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
R

razortaz18

Reaction score
If u use 60gbs would vz say something? A rep told me... anything over 5gbs is monitored...

My high is 10.5 gigs this past bill just ended on the 20th

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

This is my concern for this month. I'll just have to wait and see.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

prowler85

Reaction score
This is my concern for this month. I'll just have to wait and see.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I think you're safe. And no, I've never heard anything from big red. And I've been 20-60 gb per month for two years now and not one peep. I have access to Wifi (mainly at home on the weekends), but see no reason to even connect since my 4g speeds are faster anyway. And since their "throttling" policy only applies to 3g, I'm not sure what they could do anyway. Since I haven't heard anything in two years I'd say you're safe. Gotta love unlimited data!! :biggrin:

budlight4me

Reaction score
After 2+ years my highest use was 580Mb. I don't think I could ever reach 1Gb, n I thought I used alot

tuffD1

Reaction score
Prowler85, what are you doing to achieve such great numbers?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

prowler85

Reaction score
Prowler85, what are you doing to achieve such great numbers?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Nothing special really (not like I'm trying to jack it up). Since my family is in Phoenix and I'm in Tucson Mon-Fri, I don't have much to do except work. So I go "home" around 8:30 every night, plug my phone in and turn on tether, and watch about 3 hours of Netflix 4 nights a week. I also listen to Google Music on the ride up and back and during my commute every day, which so far is about 3gb out of the 56. Pandora while at work, which is only about 1gb. So the vast majority is Netflix (which at 48 hours a month makes some sense). But after working 12 hours I like to just relax and veg, and Netflix is my veg of choice.