How long will the Droid be one of the "it" phones?

gevmack23

Reaction score
It seems everyday i hear news of a new phone coming out, that show better hardware, and more innovative. We all know apple is working on a iphone to blow the droid away. This smartphone war is now crazy. What will we see next, a phone with a real hd screen, one that allows video calls, one on a 4g or wimax network.
Check this out:

Windows Mobile 7 megarumor: LG Apollo and HTC Obsession running flagship '720p' specs, Zune Phone Experience -- Engadget

Hands On With The Saygus VPhone - Reviews by PC Magazine

Diordna

Reaction score
Well I personally don't care, cause thats how life and competition works. I just know that my Droid is awesome and does a lot more than needs to be done, and is just amazing and I'm settled. Who cares about what is coming out now and later.
Plus the Droid is always updating anyways so you never know..

Diordna

Reaction score

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
The next iPhone will be more advanced then the Droid. The Nexus has better hardware then the Droid. It's impossible to have the very best for long, so just enjoy your phone.

Nedaroth

Reaction score
I feel its all about the phone that works for you, its a shame that any new smart phone that comes along now is tagged by the media " IS THIS THE NEW IPHONE KILLER. " And i see no end in site.

Droid is not trying to be an iphone.

OP
G

gevmack23

Reaction score
The next iPhone will be more advanced then the Droid. The Nexus has better hardware then the Droid. It's impossible to have the very best for long, so just enjoy your phone.

Your right, but now it seems 2 years is a bit much to be locked into a contract on a phone, i think we will be seeing 6 months or 1 year contracts, the ability to just buy your phone with no provider contract like the nexus one seems great now

liquidzoo

Reaction score
The Nexus has better hardware then the Droid.

The Nexus has a faster processor than the Droid, true; but the Droid has a separate GPU that the Nexus doesn't have. The screen has been proven better in tests (could be biased, don't know). We have a hardware keyboard (trivial for some, I use it a lot).

"Better" is subjective. Personally, I think that my Droid is better than anything out there, and can continue to be with regular software updates.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Nexus has better hardware then the Droid.
In what way?

The fastest processor in any smartphone on the market, AMOLED screen, and twice the RAM. Yes, I know about the Droid's GPU, but you can't argue that it has half as much RAM as the Nexus. I love my Droid, but I am able to accept that the Nexus has superior hardware. I still prefer my Droid based on personal preferences.

zakany

Reaction score
To me, the Droid looks a lot better than the N1 or iPhone. I haven't been hampered by the smaller amount of RAM - and I have entirely too many apps installed.

Since there's better hardware being released all the time, though, I want with a one-year contract. For me, it was only $30 more.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Let's all enjoy the Droid we have. Wait til we've maxed out the Droids capabilities before worrying about what's next. :)