How long did you wait to root?

Reaction score
I just got my X a week ago tomorrow. I been on here since a week ago tomorrow. Reading all I can, have learned alot so far but a bit hesitant to root. I have read how easy it is to do but then read if you don't have certain backups and something goes wrong you just bricked your X.

I am eager to get to root and have more control of what is running on my phone. So the question is ... HOW LONG BEFORE YOU ROOT A NEW X ?

Thanks guys !

Ben

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
One mo. for my Droid..just follow the EXACT instructions, read everything twice, there shouldnt be a problem

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I waited a month as well. I second the notion of going over the steps multiple times. I even wrote all the steps down to reinforce them.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

ronjr123

Reaction score
I waited three months with my D1. Rooted my X the day after I received it. I too agree to read and reread ask the steps prior too rooting.

OSX2000

Reaction score
Went about 2 months stock with my D1 before I craved more.

OP
WsW-WYATT-EARP
Reaction score
i don't know if i can wait a month .....

I see there are a million different how to root an X on here. Which is the best instruction to follow?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

I see there are a million different how to root an X on here. Which is the best instruction to follow?

As the others have said - it is what you feel comfortable with on how long you wait and then I would also say - root the way you best feel comfortable...

I haved used the "one click" methods and the "terminal emulator" by the phone method...

Good luck!!

lockman

Reaction score
IIRC I didn't wait to root, I waited for root. Mid-late December. Anyone else remember all the steps involved then. It was nuts. Plus, no one knew for sure whether you'd truly brick your phone. Good times lol.

Sent from my Droid

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
lol i did it the day it came out dancedroid

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Had my D2 for about three weeks, came across the site on a google search. I rooted it that same day...............dancedroid

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

If you haven't done it on a previous Droid model or any other phone I would read as much as possible before doing so.

I was in such a rush to get rid of the bloatware, that I didn't think things through before going crazy after I rooted.

If I had read 20 hours worth before root, it wouldn't have cost me a 100 hours of reading to fix it:)

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
About a month for me too.

One mo. for my Droid..just follow the EXACT instructions, read everything twice, there shouldnt be a problem

not necessarily in that order
hehe.gif