how long did it take for your droid to sync with outlook?

hero

Reaction score
I am just wondering how long it took your droid to sync with your outlook exchange server after completing all the necessary steps. and how far back did you sync your email as well?

i sync'ed it back 1 month. i've had a black screen with a small circular rotating progress icon in the upper right hand corner for about 5 minutes.

just wondering everyone else's experience...hopefully the lengthy time is just cause i have a lot of emails.

wscato

Reaction score
I did my email for two weeks, have around 200 contacts, and around 400 appointments in my calendar. Took around 2 minutes using wi-fi.

brianr0131

Reaction score
I only synced 3 days I have about 500 contacts and a couple hundred calendar events. took about a minute over wifi.

I figured it should be easier on the battery just syncing 3 days. If I need more info I can change on the fly.

0x1a4

Reaction score
I've found helping your primary inbox fairly empty helps a ton. From the way I understand push in exchange to work, when a new mail comes in, exchange sends a special kind of text message to the phone triggering the phone to sync with exchange. If you have 4,000 email in your inbox, exchange has to scan all of them before it decides what is in the last 3 days (or whatever you set it to). 4,000 takes a bit longer than 100. It made a noticeable difference on my t-mobile shadow. I guess I should move a bunch back and see if the droid acts different. I'm pretty sure the lag would be on the exchange server end in this case, though.

Droidphan

Reaction score
Pop3 mail come through sporatically

I too have probably 1000 read emails in my in box. This was never a problem with my blackberry. Is this is what is halting my pop3 emails from coming through. Tonight I was using WIFI and still did not get any emails. Anyone have any ideas?

lordofpi

Reaction score
I synced my last 12 years of outlook info, and it took definitely less than 30 minutes. It may have been much sooner, but I walked away. It did, however, take my several hours to understand how the sync was going to work and get it all set up.

OP
H

hero

Reaction score
hmm...so something's up then. it just stays on the black screen with that little "thinking" progress circular thing in the upper right hand corner. not sure what i'm doing wrong....maybe i'll just try a couple days and see what happens.

stingray310

Reaction score
hero,

Did you every figure out how to do this or did it finally sync after awhile?

I am trying to sync and mine is doing the same thing for about 15 minutes now.

I know I have quite a few emails and just wondering if that is it.

Thanks,
Stingray

Droids

Reaction score
I have over 7000 emails in my exchange inbox and I think it took a few minutes to sync, not long. Did it over Wi-Fi at home.

valnar

Reaction score
I never used the built-in app. I bought Touchdown and couldn't be happier.

sterdroids

Reaction score
I never used the built-in app. I bought Touchdown and couldn't be happier.

Does touchdown allow you to forward attachments? I cant seem to get this to work and that my be the end of the line for me :(

stingray310

Reaction score
I have over 7000 emails in my exchange inbox and I think it took a few minutes to sync, not long. Did it over Wi-Fi at home.
OK, thanks for the reply, Mine must not be working then. I think I'm going to have to get Touchdown or some other app to get mine to work.

Thanks again,
Stingray

alm0614

Reaction score
if your emails arent working, try doing a soft reset, taking the battery out while the phone is on.

i stopped getting emails and called motorola and this was their recommendation and when i turned it back on, i got like 30 emails within the first minute of the phone being on

OP
H

hero

Reaction score
hero,

Did you every figure out how to do this or did it finally sync after awhile?

I am trying to sync and mine is doing the same thing for about 15 minutes now.

I know I have quite a few emails and just wondering if that is it.

Thanks,
Stingray

yeah finally figured it out. the domain name was a little different. i ended up calling our tech support for the info. took only a couple minutes to sync up and work properly after that.

if you're stuck on that black screen for a while...something is probably wrong.