How is the FM radio app in rubix progress?

superleon

Reaction score
I love rubix,which is exreme fast. But I am sorry I can't find any way to play FM radio on Droid X. I miss FM radio app on blur rom. I wonder if the rom makers will pay attention on this issue.Do they think whether the FM radio is worthy to pay some time on ?

droidxchat

Reaction score
I love rubix,which is exreme fast. But I am sorry I can't find any way to play FM radio on Droid X. I miss FM radio app on blur rom. I wonder if the rom makers will pay attention on this issue.Do they think whether the FM radio is worthy to pay some time on ?

Why don't you just use rubix Blurry instead of rubix Focused.... it's just as fast. rubix Focused is supposed to be for people who want a fresh slate to install their own apps or AOSP apps. You want a blur app, why not just use the blurry rom?

Reaction score
Blurry is nowhere near as fast as focused. Fm reception.is meh at best, just do what I do and stream from the stations you like best. Just about every station streams nowadays.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

droidxchat

Reaction score
Blurry is nowhere near as fast as focused. Fm reception.is meh at best, just do what I do and stream from the stations you like best. Just about every station streams nowadays.

Blurry is as fast as focused... If you're using the blurry apps while using nothing on focused, then yeah focused will probably be faster... but thats simply a result of using more resources on one than on the other...

Gamehedpro

Reaction score
Why not use tune in radio in the market has local stations and is quite good. When I did use the blur FM radio there was always a lot of static. Since tune in radio streams, quality is much better.

+++(GAmeHedPRo)+++

cpjr

Reaction score
Its impossible to port that app over to a non-blurry framework....so thats why there is no "progress" on it. It just wont happen.

OP
S

superleon

Reaction score
Its impossible to port that app over to a non-blurry framework....so thats why there is no "progress" on it. It just wont happen.

I am really sorry to hear that. I love to hear local FM radios. But my mobile operator only offer 500mb/month data plan,and the steam quality of local radio is bad,which is only 24kps in asf or ra format. One more shortcoming of internet stream is that the battery will be quikly drain while using 3g.

I think I will turn to blurry.But I have a little worry that the newest blurry 2.3.20 is base on 2.3.320. The guys on the forum said once update it will not be able to back to the ota2.2. Hard to make choice.:icon_eek:

Reaction score

Blurry is as fast as focused... If you're using the blurry apps while using nothing on focused, then yeah focused will probably be faster... but thats simply a result of using more resources on one than on the other...

I've had both on my phone. For ME, focused was MUCH faster regardless of what any quadrant or linpack (not that accurate anyway especially with new focused) says.

I'm on Tranquility right now anyway since you get all the speed of focused with most or all of your apps and functions still working. Not quite sure how those guys do it...

droidxchat

Reaction score
I've had both on my phone. For ME, focused was MUCH faster regardless of what any quadrant or linpack (not that accurate anyway especially with new focused) says.

I'm on Tranquility right now anyway since you get all the speed of focused with most or all of your apps and functions still working. Not quite sure how those guys do it...

I'm not even talking about quadrant or linpack, for me blurry was just as fast as focused. All of the same tweaks to system speed are there... the only big differences are in which apps are there. Blurr is essentially a package of apps, but they root deeply into the framework. Pulling them out is hard, but its not the absence of blur that makes the system faster, just the freeing up of system resources. Once replacement apps are installed (such as AOSP apps that one would put on focused), you're using the same amount of system resources anyway. Fresh focused is slightly faster than fresh blurry (maybe) because blurry has a whole bunch more system resources to start. Once you get your own apps onto focused, it's using the same amount, and is really the same speed. Case in point... you said tranquility is just as fast as focused. Tranquility isn't completely blurless (thats why you have more functioning apps), where focused is, and yet you say they're still the same speed.

Last edited: