Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Good to hear it ... My Note 10+ is spot on no issues or failed attempts
I just decided and have the black note ultra being redied at curbside pickup best buy.. Saves two bucks a month over Verizon direct getting at best buy and if price drops in next 14 days there is a price guarantee bet u price will drop on day 15 lol. Wish me luck that I like it

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I just decided and have the black note ultra being redied at curbside pickup best buy.. Saves two bucks a month over Verizon direct getting at best buy and if price drops in next 14 days there is a price guarantee bet u price will drop on day 15 lol. Wish me luck that I like it

Oh nice ...I look forward to your thoughts ...congrats!

SeanD_CO

Reaction score
So far I think it's better than the Note 10+

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I agree. I came from a Note 10+ and while I had not many issues with that. The Note 20 Ultra seems faster to recognize and has been more consistent.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I agree. I came from a Note 10+ and while I had not many issues with that. The Note 20 Ultra seems faster to recognize and has been more consistent.

I just picked up the note ultra 128gb in black I want a good clear gel case and leather hip holster what do you recommend I am thinking no screen protector

Let me know recommendations

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I just picked up the note ultra 128gb in black I want a good clear gel case and leather hip holster what do you recommend I am thinking no screen protector

I've not used a leather holster in awhile maybe one of the gents here can recommend...

Ringke Matte no smudge is the one I've used on the Note and it's been solid plus hides fingerprints

Amazon.com : ringke note 20 ultra case

Last edited:

SeanD_CO

Reaction score

I like the ESR Hybrid Slim Case. Being a hybrid it has a soft frame with a rigid polycarbonate back.

If you are looking for a true gel, maybe the Spigen Liquid Crystal or maybe Samsung's own Clear Silicone case?

I don't know much about the hip holster cases, but I keep thinking I should get one. I was looking at the Encased Ultra Belt Clip case (2020 Rebel Armor), but now I am thinking maybe the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro, which comes with a detachable rotating hip holster. Hopefully it doesn't detach when you don't want it to?

I have been using a leather holster, but it's an extra step with the flap and sometimes annoying.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I like the ESR Hybrid Slim Case. Being a hybrid it has a soft frame with a rigid polycarbonate back.

If you are looking for a true gel, maybe the Spigen Liquid Crystal or maybe Samsung's own Clear Silicone case?

I don't know much about the hip holster cases, but I keep thinking I should get one. I was looking at the Encased Ultra Belt Clip case (2020 Rebel Armor), but now I am thinking maybe the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro, which comes with a detachable rotating hip holster. Hopefully it doesn't detach when you don't want it to?

I have been using a leather holster, but it's an extra step with the flap and sometimes annoying.

I will check those out thanks still setting up phone I had to add my thumb twice so it would get different angles but it's a pretty good reader. My Nova launcher doesn't work with swipe gestures yet with android 10 hope they fix soon. More updates to gollow

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2

I have noticed that the fingerprint scanner i still have a few failed times and have to retry not too annoying and sometimes had a hard time finding the fingerprint spot till it lights up

Also it too three activations to get the phone to work on 4g first it only said 1x then reactivated with Verizon and it showed 4g lte . Still haven't been to a 5g tower area yet

I activated Bixby and that made the power button become the Bixby button I plan to change that to power and screanshot if possible.

I also noticed that the note has a rounded screen like the moto edge and has hit spots and configurations that's pretty neat. The sesame app also had this on my moto to try to duplicate it but feature was depreciated and unstable in the app

I have more options to Screencast and share to my Samsung TV I like that integration

More to come

SeanD_CO

Reaction score
I have noticed that the fingerprint scanner i still have a few failed times and have to retry not too annoying and sometimes had a hard time finding the fingerprint spot till it lights up

Also it too three activations to get the phone to work on 4g first it only said 1x then reactivated with Verizon and it showed 4g lte . Still haven't been to a 5g tower area yet

I activated Bixby and that made the power button become the Bixby button I plan to change that to power and screanshot if possible.

I also noticed that the note has a rounded screen like the moto edge and has hit spots and configurations that's pretty neat. The sesame app also had this on my moto to try to duplicate it but feature was depreciated and unstable in the app

I have more options to Screencast and share to my Samsung TV I like that integration

More to come

The fingerprint scanner seems to be an individual experience. I would estimate my success rate with my Note 10+ at about 93%, the Note 20 Ultra seems about 99%. Which for me is pretty good. But if you have a previous phone where the success rate for you was only maybe 50%, then the 5-6% improvement may not be satisfactory.

I don't know if it is down to the individuals fingers or what. I have fairly large hands and have never had a major problem with the scanner, but my wife has abandoned it on her Note 10. She can almost never get it to work for her. She has tried resetting her finger prints, making multiple of the same one, turning on the sensativity setting. Nothing works.

If it isn't her hand/finger size, then perhaps the Raynaud's or the fact she works in the medical field and is constantly washing her hands and wearing nitrile gloves between patients? ¯\(°_o)/¯

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
The fingerprint scanner seems to be an individual experience. I would estimate my success rate with my Note 10+ at about 93%, the Note 20 Ultra seems about 99%. Which for me is pretty good. But if you have a previous phone where the success rate for you was only maybe 50%, then the 5-6% improvement may not be satisfactory.

I don't know if it is down to the individuals fingers or what. I have fairly large hands and have never had a major problem with the scanner, but my wife has abandoned it on her Note 10. She can almost never get it to work for her. She has tried resetting her finger prints, making multiple of the same one, turning on the sensativity setting. Nothing works.

If it isn't her hand/finger size, then perhaps the Raynaud's or the fact she works in the medical field and is constantly washing her hands and wearing nitrile gloves between patients? ¯\(°_o)/¯

I would give note 20 a 90 % success and my z2 force a 99

Anomander

Reaction score
Love it! Works great and very reliable on reading. With that said I put on the Zagg shield the performance goes down somewhat and it takes longer to read versus directly on the screen. It also not always grabbing my thumb. It could be that I'm not always placing my thumb correctly with the new screen protector, but before the protector it was spot on every time. One thing to note, I had to delete the thumb print after installing the screen protector and adding a new one after. That helped a lot on getting better performance to what it was like without having a protector on it.