How I got a smartphone with 3500mb/txt/minutes for under $40 and no monthly fees.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Last year I purchased LG VOLT LS740 Virgin Mobile: Smartphone with 4.7 inch Display | LG USA for $10 from best buy. It's a prepaid phone, they always have deals on these like this one or moto e 2015 that I flipped on eBay for profit.
Gave it to my 4 year old as a youtube player, game device.
This year i subscribed to ringplus+ service(sprint network) with one time $27 charge and no monthly fees except federal service charge(approximately $4). Plan gives me 3750 minutes, 3.66gb of data and 3750 texts.
There are deals on ringplus all the time on slickdeals.net, you just need a CDMA compatible device.
Catch is when you call someone, it doesn't play a typical ring tone but an advertisement message till it connects to other line.
Just something for people to consider who are on the budget or want cheap kids tracking device ;)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Last year I purchased LG VOLT LS740 Virgin Mobile: Smartphone with 4.7 inch Display | LG USA for $10 from best buy. It's a prepaid phone, they always have deals on these like this one or moto e 2015 that I flipped on eBay for profit.
Gave it to my 4 year old as a youtube player, game device.
This year i subscribed to ringplus+ service(sprint network) with one time $27 charge and no monthly fees except federal service charge(approximately $4). Plan gives me 3750 minutes, 3.66gb of data and 3750 texts.
There are deals on ringplus all the time on slickdeals.net, you just need a CDMA compatible device.
Catch is when you call someone, it doesn't play a typical ring tone but an advertisement message till it connects to other line.
Just something for people to consider who are on the budget or want cheap kids tracking device ;)
Very interesting. So it's using the time you wait for your party to answer (or a forced delay), and playing advertisement for which it receives an advertising fee from the advertiser. This is clever and is a great way to cut costs for cellular service to the consumer on a budget.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
xeene

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I've yet to listen to full ad. Half of them are just songs from radio that play for like 5-10 seconds.
fd1b4b736c401a7477db7c28a7505060.jpg

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Too bad Sprint doesn't exist up here. I'd be interested in checking something like this out for sure in another few years when my stepson is old enough to warrant being home alone and having his own phone.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Too bad sprint sucks here. Horrible service.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk