How Download home page picture

jeffbliemel

Reaction score
I took a picture of my grandkids and it is now my home page I would now like to download the picture but somehow the picture got deleted a while ago... but it is still on my homepage.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I am assuming you mean it's your wallpaper picture. If it's your wallpaper, it's still on your phone somewhere. When you open the Gallery app, dod you see the picture you want in any of the folders?

OP
J

jeffbliemel

Reaction score
I am assuming you mean it's your wallpaper picture. If it's your wallpaper, it's still on your phone somewhere. When you open the Gallery app, dod you see the picture you want in any of the folders?

Yes... I mean wallpaper and no, it is not in the gallery. If it was I could download it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yes... I mean wallpaper and no, it is not in the gallery. If it was I could download it.

Good point. Its been a while since I had a Droid 3, does it have a built in file viewing app (Files)? If not, I have used ES File Explorer from the Play Store for free in the past and it works good. I could be wrong, but I think the picture is on the phone somewhere if it's set as your wallpaper. If it was deleted from the Gallery, I don't know where the phone stores wallpaper pictures. You might be able to find it using a file explorer and searching through all of the phone folders & SD Card folders.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Well, I think I was wrong. I deleted the picture I was using as my wallpaper from my Gallery. I cannot find that picture anywhere on my phone or SD card now using the file explorer app. The phone must store the picture in a hidden system folder that we cannot access. Maybe someone else here knows something else & can share.