How Do You Sync Movies to Moto Droid?

struong57

Reaction score
I used DVD Catalyst 3 to rip and convert a DVD movie and tried synching the movie to my Moto Droid using Double Twist but it won't sync. I've tried synching both the Mp4 and the WMV files but neither would sync.

Can someone tell me how to sync movies onto my Moto Droid?

D

dvdcatalyst

I used DVD Catalyst 3 to rip and convert a DVD movie and tried synching the movie to my Moto Droid using Double Twist but it won't sync. I've tried synching both the Mp4 and the WMV files but neither would sync.

Can someone tell me how to sync movies onto my Moto Droid?

Here is a guide on how to transfer music. it works the same for video.

10 Steps:Transfer music files between Verizon Motorola Droid and PC | Verizon Cell Phones blog | Reviews,specs and tips & tricks.

I'm not sure on how you end up with WMV files, but in DVD Catalyst (click on the cat-eyes in DVD Catalyst 3 to make sure you are using the latest version) just select Verizon > Droid as the profile.

To play the movies (and to be able to tell which one is which, here is a post in regards of video players:

The default video gallery DOES NOT display the movie titles....all you will see is a thumbnail.

There IS an app in the market by Jeff Hamilton called "Video Player"....this WILL display the movie title and the size of the movie. There is also another app called "Cinema" this will show all folders on your SD card such as pictures, music, video etc. Unfortunately it will not display all the other media...unless it's a video. but that app does display the movie title and format type.

My personal opinion, if you want to scroll through a list that displays what videos are on your SD card; go with "Video Player"...BTW....it's free!

Give me a minute and I'll post a couple screenshots.

DroidScreen5.png

DroidScreen6.png