How do you stop the music?

Greg

Reaction score
I must be the dumbest person on the planet. I finally learned how to get my mp3's onto my droid.

Problem is... when I play a song, there is no stop button, only a pause button. No matter what I did, I couldn't get the song to stop playing. I finally had to power off the phone.

What am I doing wrong? How do you turn the music player off?

Thanks in advance!

Stigy

Reaction score
The music player is "off" when the music is paused and the app is exited.

There is no ACTUAL stop button for the music. Just press pause and exit the music application.

Stigy

Reaction score
This is supposed to be fixed by adding a stop button on the Dec 11 update.
Nice find -- skipped over that one in the Documentation on the update.

Strange that they are going to change that since its been like since 1.1 on the TMobile G1.

debkasdan

Reaction score
I was updated Dec 11, but don't see any Stop button for ending the music. Doesn't matter much I guess, now that I am accustomed to hitting pause. BTW, Droid is my first smartphone, and I find I've been downloading from my favorite radio station with Shazam ... and haven't gotten around to transferring songs from my iTunes collection ! I love using Instant Lyrics app too.

MstrHnky

Reaction score
if you pause it and go back to the home screen, or back out to the home screen, the music player is still active in the background if you go to manage applications.

i just use taskkiller to completely stop it.

latiff

Reaction score
to actually clear the music in question you have to select the playlist button. Its the button which looks likes 3 or more lines. Once selected hit the menu button and select clear que or playlist depends on which player you have, viola its done.

MAGGOTVOMIT

Reaction score
Just got my MotoDroid last week and am wondering are we getting a stop button or not?
Also why does the player not alow you to listen just one song and quit. Why does it play all?

Also how do i share music or ringtones from phone to phone?

Thanks

quiet_man66

Reaction score
to actually clear the music in question you have to select the playlist button. Its the button which looks likes 3 or more lines. Once selected hit the menu button and select clear que or playlist depends on which player you have, viola its done.

Thanks so much on this one latiff!! My wife and I just got our Droids last night and that was the first (and only) frustration we both found with it. Aside from that I LOVE LOVE LOVE this phone!! Now you've eliminated the one thing we had a problem with! I was a loyal Blackberry user and I'm pretty sure I'm a convert! ;)

joeyrub

Reaction score
Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!!!!!

i have been looking online everywhere how to stop the music, everyone is writing stupid answers like, pause and go back.... your answer was the first and only one that works, this IS the right way of stopping it, it's so funny how people answer questions that they know less about then the person asking, lol
thank you so much for posting this answer, i registered to this form just so i can thank you
joey

CharlesAdwerd006

Reaction score
If i'm listening to music while my headphones are plugged into my mac, I want the music to stop when I unplug them. how do you do that???