How do you setup your voice mail?

gstla

Reaction score
I've had my Eris for about a day now, but one thing has been eluding me. I can't seem to listen to my voice-mails (or get any affirmation that my voice-mail has been set up). Nor can I find any information about how to set it up as most of the information on the forum is geared toward the latest beta rom information.

I'd really like to check my messages and among the basic functions of the Eris that I haven't mastered, it's by far the most important > my summer job. Dialing *86, unfortunately, doesn't seem to help much as an automated service just tells me, "welcome to verizon wireless your call cannot be completed as dialed" (twice) then cuts off.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

ErisDroid?

Reaction score
If *86 doesn't work dial your cell number, area code included and it will also bring you to your voice mail. You can do that from any phone to get your messages as well. The voice mail set-up is easy and the instructions are pretty clear.

Hope that helps

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
O.P. - are you in extended coverage area? If so, *86 will not work.

OP
G

gstla

Reaction score
If *86 doesn't work dial your cell number, area code included and it will also bring you to your voice mail. You can do that from any phone to get your messages as well. The voice mail set-up is easy and the instructions are pretty clear.

Hope that helps
I get a busy signal when I call my phone number. As a response to the normal moderator, my phone was activated and I'm within the coverage zone, I have 2-3/4 bars.

Summary: *86 = "Please check your number and dial again"/

OP
G

gstla

Reaction score
went to the verizon store at the local mall. One of the Customer Service people had to fix things around a bit.

Turns out that the whole issue revolved around the fact that my mother didn't sign for "activating" the phone AND the phone DID NOT have a voice mail [apparently that's possible] our thoughts were, "is that even possible?!"

Anyhow, it's fixed now besides the fact that when I pressed "1" for English, I got a Spanish prompt...But it's all setup and working now.