How do you remove the themed twitter and facebook apps

MegaSam

Reaction score
How can I remove the themed facebook and twitter apps and install the them from the market? The twitter app never remembers my username/password, I can't uninstall them through the usual way in the settings menu. What is the terminal command to try to uninstall them ?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you have Root Explorer form the market, you can just go to system/app and delete facebook.apk and twitter.apk then reboot and reinstall the Market versions

OP
M

MegaSam

Reaction score
It says it cannot be deleted since it's read-only

listenman20

Reaction score
It says it cannot be deleted since it's read-only

assuming you're using root explorer...you need to change the setting to read/write then try to delete. or titanium backup will uninstall for ya i believe.

OP
M

MegaSam

Reaction score
Instead of root explorer I used the File Browser in absolute system. Deleted the .apk files and installed it from the market. Problem solved dancedroid

Reaction score
assuming you're using root explorer...you need to change the setting to read/write then try to delete. or titanium backup will uninstall for ya i believe.
How do you change it to read/write? It keeps telling me I can't change anything because it's read-only. I am using Root Explorer.

Edit: I couldn't find a way to use Titanium Backup to uninstall it. My phone is rooted with no custom ROM's or anything. I rooted with the procedures in my signature.

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
How do you change it to read/write? It keeps telling me I can't change anything because it's read-only. I am using Root Explorer.

Edit: I couldn't find a way to use Titanium Backup to uninstall it. My phone is rooted with no custom ROM's or anything. I rooted with the procedures in my signature.

When you are in the system folder there will be a button on top that you can use to toggle between the 2 modes. Or if you would rather use titanium (which the free one will work to delete) you just need to open the app, click on the "Batch/Restore" button towards the top, and then just go and delete them.

Reaction score
When you are in the system folder there will be a button on top that you can use to toggle between the 2 modes. Or if you would rather use titanium (which the free one will work to delete) you just need to open the app, click on the "Batch/Restore" button towards the top, and then just go and delete them.
Thanks! That worked for me! :icon_ banana:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Nice. Glad I could help :biggrin: