How do you install icons?

M

Matth3w

I download two rar files full of custom png icons. I searched Google and "install icon" here on the forum and can't find ****. Even did a search for thread title only with the word icon and don't see anything.

Perhaps this has been discussed but my searching skills are lacking on this topic.

Just drop them into an icon folder and download better cut to change things like the phone icon?

OP
M

Matth3w

Oh, and do I have to unrar them or leave them in the rar file?

OP
M

Matth3w

I did not care for Bettercut so I uninstalled it. for example, with ChompSMS I could only find the option to create a shortcut for a direct text message, not just to open the program.

RichStevenson

Reaction score
If you drag the ChompSMS shortcut to your home screen first, then you can use BetterCut to Edit that icon.

OP
M

Matth3w

How? Sorry I didn't see an option for it...

OP
M

Matth3w

Yeah my bad I was trying to long press and use it, then it dawned on me before you posted this to try to run the app to see if I had an edit option.

OP
M

Matth3w

Just curious, I have a 1x1 More Icons widget. On that widget is Quick Profiles, GMail, Wifi, and Dolphin Browser. Of the four, only Dolphin Browser is available to edit. Why?

RichStevenson

Reaction score
BetterCut edits the launcher.db that holds the home screen icons. So I don't think it will be able to edit what you see in More Icons. The reason you're seeing Dolphin is probably because that shortcut is somewhere on one of your home screens maybe? Not just in More Icons.

OP
M

Matth3w

No it's no where except in More Icons. I only use three of the screens. The left screen has three quick contacts, a battery widget and battery use shortcut. The home screen has the Dolphin on the More Icons widget, and the right screen has three FeedR widgets and a FlightTrack Pro widget. Nothing else on any other screen.

OP
M

Matth3w

Nevermind, somehow it got installed all the way on the far left screen which I have never even been to. I'm an idiot.

RichStevenson

Reaction score
That's two tonight bud. Maybe you need a break.:)
Wait! Scratch that! I just noticed your avatar. Please accept my apologies. lol

OP
M

Matth3w

I know, I know, I am slipping tonight haha. What was my other one?

NM, the first problem in this thread. lol