How do I send ringtones

NastyNate08

Reaction score
Soooo
I created a couple ringtones with Ringdroid and I now want to share my masterpieces!
I blutoothed my wife's phone and mine together but I
A) Don't know where to find my created ringtones file except for when actually changing ringtones
B) Don't know how to send files using BluTooth

Can I do this in a message? HELP!!

bradclayco

Reaction score
I ran into the same problem and ended up Downloading Handcent SMS. It lets you send ringtones..but there is a size limit that i have not figured out yet. Good Luck.

pixiedust

Reaction score
ES File Explorer is a fairly easy app for sending ringtones bluetooth, it took awhile for my husbands phone to receive the file but it did send them.

pixiedust

Reaction score
I did this to send SMS ringtones. It takes time but it does work. www.myxr.com follow the instructions for making ringtone (works alot like ringdroid) you can send it to your phone by email or text, then use long press in messaging to forward it.

OP
N

NastyNate08

Reaction score
You would think Android developers would think about this seeing as ring tones are a huge Part of a cell phone..... wtf

listenman20

Reaction score

SD card>media>audio>ringtones.
that should be where you find them. to send them you prolly need to d/l the BlueTooth File Transfer app. as long as your wife's phone will recieve them then that will work. if you're needing to send them via mms you'll most likely need to d/l handcent sms app or one similar.

OP
N

NastyNate08

Reaction score
Yes,
Astro does let you send to Gmail & Blutooth.... But those two methods are TOTALLY not the easiest methods, especially seeing as my wife's phone only says my droid can send only contact cards when sync'd with it... WTF!?!!

And,
Handcent is the biggest piece of crap I've ever seen, every single file I try to send it is too large for the program.

People,
cell phone users have been sharing music for YEARS.... how is this such a difficult task on the FRIGGIN DROID!? The best phone YET!

DroidGurl

Reaction score
I ran into the same problem and ended up Downloading Handcent SMS. It lets you send ringtones..but there is a size limit that i have not figured out yet. Good Luck.

Cool, thanks! I may have to try that, I'm having the same issue sending audio files via SMS.