How do I remove words from the dictionary?

ralgrl73

Reaction score
All,
I searched through the forums for this but didn't quite find what I'm looking for (found some threads about it, but not answers). I'm having the same problem a lot of people are having which is while I'm typing it will auto-correct to a word that I don't want. Is it possible to remove words from the dictionary? Not the user-defined dictionary that I've built ever since I got the phone, but the one that the keyboard/phone is using by default?

Ex:
I might type "ger" when I mean "get" and it will auto-correct to "Ger" (a person's name?). This isn't a word I've added in my own "user dictionary" so I can't delete it. I'm NEVER EVER EVER gonna want "Ger" (err, I'm pretty sure :) ), so it would be just dandy to remove that word altogether. Can I?

I've tried to change my way of typing, fully understanding that this can also be due to user (my) error, but it seems like being able to edit that dictionary would be helpful.

I'm using the Droid X using Better Keyboard.

Thanks!

turdbogls

Reaction score
I dont know of a way to do this, but, have you added Get to the user dictionary? maybe this will correct that one instance. but i would like to know as well, there are times when i get this and it is pretty annoying.

trinydex

Reaction score
All,
I searched through the forums for this but didn't quite find what I'm looking for (found some threads about it, but not answers). I'm having the same problem a lot of people are having which is while I'm typing it will auto-correct to a word that I don't want. Is it possible to remove words from the dictionary? Not the user-defined dictionary that I've built ever since I got the phone, but the one that the keyboard/phone is using by default?

Ex:
I might type "ger" when I mean "get" and it will auto-correct to "Ger" (a person's name?). This isn't a word I've added in my own "user dictionary" so I can't delete it. I'm NEVER EVER EVER gonna want "Ger" (err, I'm pretty sure :) ), so it would be just dandy to remove that word altogether. Can I?

I've tried to change my way of typing, fully understanding that this can also be due to user (my) error, but it seems like being able to edit that dictionary would be helpful.

I'm using the Droid X using Better Keyboard.

Thanks!

can someone please figure out a way to do this? there has to be an app that can enable deleting words from the factory dictionary.

I don't know when eben became a word.

this was the reason I stopped using swype. ridiculous words that do not exist in common language constantly replacing much more relevant words. why can't technology just work as its intended to?