how do i know if i did harm to cpu when over heated for to long

marcogiudice

Reaction score
i got a question how do u kno if i did perment damage to my phone, i was playing with my phone and forget to turn my profiles back in setcpu and was playing a game for atleast 20 mins and when i was done i backed out and noticed my cpu temp was at 170 and i was playing for a good amount of time ... so the phone didnt reboot or nothing everything seems fine, but what signs do i look for to kno i hurt my baby? only thing i noticed now is even at 1.2 ghz phone seems little choppier then before, can that be frm overheating damage? can someone please help me out with my questions

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's very unlikely that you damaged anything. The phone probably has it's own failsafe that would shut it down if things became dangerously overheated. It's possible that you shortened the life of the cpu (and most likely the battery), but there's really no way of saying for sure. As long as your phone boots up and runs like before, you don't need to worry.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Processor damage can occur in many ways, including but not limited to: temperature spikes, force closes, random reboots, failure to respond to commands, failure to boot.... The list is almost endless.

Darkseider

Reaction score
170 is a bit on the high side. I would think that no matter what SetCPU setting you have the SoC has its' own thermal failsafe. So no, I don't think you cooked anything. As for the choppiness that MAY occur due to heat but should only last as long as the device is running in that high range. If after it is idle and cools you still experience some problems, reboot the device and see how it goes.

OP
marcogiudice

marcogiudice

Reaction score
did you panic when no one answered you after 6 whole minutes?
fyi, no i dint panic after 6 mins, its just that some many people posted there own stuff that mine wasnt even on the board anymore after 6 mins.. so thats y i did that! and then u didnt even have anythign to say due to my post.. so y even say anything at all..

OP
marcogiudice

marcogiudice

Reaction score
thank you for everyones input i really appreciate it!! espeacially darkseider and jhankg and ltken