How do I change my voicemail greeting on my Verizon Motorola Droid?

MB35

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I am new to the forum. I joined because I am absolutely at my wit's end. I have owned a Motorola Droid through Verizon for nearly two years. I have NEVER been able to change my voicemail greeting. After receiving another voicemail from one of my friends today, saying that my "voicemail greeting is too long and I need to change it", I decided to try searching once again for an answer. Please for the love of God and all that is good... HELP ME!!! I need to find out how to change my voicemail greeting on my Motorola Droid through Verizon. I cannot find any posts, messages, webpages, ANYTHING on how to do this if your phone number is through Verizon and not through Google Voice. When I call my voicemail *86 on my phone, it goes directly to "Please enter your password" and then it immediately starts playing my messages; however, there is no way to get to your voicemail greeting to change it. Please help...

grinch2000cs

Reaction score
Try going here for instructions: Voice Mail Instructions. If you are using google voice for your voice mail you need to go here: www.google.com/voice. Log in to your google account and in the upper right hand side click on the gear icon and click on voice settings. The second tab is Voicemail and Text settings, there you can rerecord your message. Hope this helps.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, glad u joined us. Were u able to get ur issue resolved?

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA