How Can I Send An MP3 File To A Friend?

phaze3131

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am trying to figure out how to send an audio mp3 file to someone. I go to attach and click audio but it only allows me to send like things that came with the phone.

Thanks much.

jethro

Reaction score
I use Handcent and hit menu, attach, audio, then select music. That brings me to the music I have on my phone. Hope this helps. Just figured it out yesterday.

OSX2000

Reaction score
Or in a file browser, such as ASTRO, long press on the file, tap Send, then tap Mail, Messaging, or whatever method you wish to send it.

OP
P

phaze3131

Reaction score
I use Handcent and hit menu, attach, audio, then select music. That brings me to the music I have on my phone. Hope this helps. Just figured it out yesterday.

I hit audio and it brings me to a list of audio files, i don't see where to select "music" from at all...

Or in a file browser, such as ASTRO, long press on the file, tap Send, then tap Mail, Messaging, or whatever method you wish to send it.

this does not work either, I go to handscent to send it and nothing is attached...

E-mail??????

I want my friend to have this on her phone not her computer...

jethro

Reaction score
When I am in a thread, and I hit menu>attach>audio, I get 2 choices. One is "android system" and the other says "select music". The "select music" has the little handcent looking box next to it. It also asks me to make one action a default action,which I haven't done. Maybe if you clear your defaults you will have that selection again. Sorry, that's my best guess. Hopefully someone else can take you further.

jethro

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I also tried the astro way, and it didn't work for me either. It just sent a blank message.

techRob

Reaction score
I tried sending a full mp3 track via handcent to a friend running an EnV (original), and her husband running an EnV Touch. Said the file was too big :( But MP3's that are about ringtone length I have no problem sending :D

1) Are you trying to send a "full length song" or a ringtone (read: 20sec clip) mp3?
2) What type of phone does the receiving party have that you're attempting to send to?

*I am by no means an expert when it comes to this stuff, but if a pattern can be figured out, that might find a solution of some sort.

OP
P

phaze3131

Reaction score
When I am in a thread, and I hit menu>attach>audio, I get 2 choices. One is "android system" and the other says "select music". The "select music" has the little handcent looking box next to it. It also asks me to make one action a default action,which I haven't done. Maybe if you clear your defaults you will have that selection again. Sorry, that's my best guess. Hopefully someone else can take you further.

cleared my defaults and even tried it with stock app. I don't get that option, it just brings up a list of audio that came with the droid.

I am on bb 1.0 so maybe that is the problem or something?

seems very basic, sending an audio file. It's a 20 second clip its not large at all.

techRob

Reaction score
What Jethro said is the trick (it's what I do) - using Handcent.

I know the following has been beaten to death, but bare with us :)

Inside a Handcent thread / conversation, I click
1) Menu (droid button on phone)
2) Attach
3) Audio
4) A window will pop-up with 2 options: Android System , Select Music
5) Choose Select Music
6) You should now be given 2 more options (at least I am).. System ringtone , Music
7) Choose Music
8) Now you should be staring at all your music, just select the one you want

How far on the above steps do you get?

y0manda

Reaction score
just email it to him/her and let them figure out how to get it on their phone.

spawn9859

Reaction score
If I want to transfer songs to my friend, if they have bluetooth just download "Bluetooth File Transfer" and bluetooth it to them, easy as that.

jethro

Reaction score
I am unrooted, although I doubt that would make a difference. If you are trying to send it to another "smart" phone, you could download the app "bump" on both phones and just share it that way. Sorry, I don't have much else to offer.

techRob

Reaction score
I am unrooted, although I doubt that would make a difference. If you are trying to send it to another "smart" phone, you could download the app "bump" on both phones and just share it that way. Sorry, I don't have much else to offer.
Nope...it doesn't :)