How can I create a shortcut to a Settings submenu?

r314bd

Reaction score
I know you can create shortcuts to the main Settings menus (battery use, bluetooth settings, etc.) by just long-pressing the screen -> Shortcuts, but I need to create a shortcut to a submenu (specifically Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode)

This is on a Droid 2 Global. Anyone know how I can do this? I have LauncherPro and I know you can make shortcuts with it but programming those shortcuts seems pretty complicated.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Long press the screen and choose shortcuts and then activities. It will take a while but it will load up a long list, from there scroll down to settings and press on it. It will expand it and there will be a huge list of settings sub menus. You just have to dig around and find the one you need. Let me know if that doesn't make sense.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
Long press the screen and choose shortcuts and then activities. It will take a while but it will load up a long list, from there scroll down to settings and press on it. It will expand it and there will be a huge list of settings sub menus. You just have to dig around and find the one you need.
Awesome! Thanks :)

Last edited:
OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
Sooo I'm still having a little trouble. I can't seem to find the correct item on the list. I took a screenshot of all the available options under "Settings" and I tried the ones that looked most plausible (bandmode, Manage Networks, SIM network lock settings) to no avail.

Here's a screenshot I took of all the available options under "Settings" in the LauncherPro Activities menu:
18202352.jpg

And here is a screenshot of the setting I want the shortcut to:
92602123.jpg

If you have any ideas I'd really appreciate it!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'll look into it but I have a question for you.

What did you use to compile all of those screen shots in the first pic?

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
I'll look into it but I have a question for you.

What did you use to compile all of those screen shots in the first pic?

Thanks man, much appreciated :)

For the pic I just used Photoshop...opened one screenshot, multiplied the canvas width by 6, height by 2, and just pasted the rest in.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I can't seem to find the menu you have displayed. It could be because I have a d2 so a d1 user might be able to give you better assistance.

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
I can't seem to find the menu you have displayed. It could be because I have a d2 so a d1 user might be able to give you better assistance.
Thanks anyway...yeah this menu is most likely exclusive to the D2G and DPro since it is to switch between CDMA and GSM modes (My mom is taking it abroad next week and she just learned to text like three days ago haha) so I want to make it easy for her to switch when she arrives.

Do you know how to use the custom shortcut tool that LauncherPro has?

Last edited: