[HotFix] Droid X Blur Camera Hotfix Update for Panorama Assist etc.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
[HotFix] Droid X Blur Camera Hotfix Update for Panorama Assist etc.

Download and Install as normal "update.zip".

All main Themes will be updated with this fix and uploaded to the website within the next hour. Please check upload date before downloading. If it doesn't show todays date wait until it does (or refresh the page).

This is directly related to agressive compressing and optimizing of the Themes to make them smaller and faster for all of us. Please let me know ASAP if you find other issues like this so I can readjust my compression/optimization for any app that I am squeezing too far.

Also PLEASE refrain from posting your own personal fixes for any issues, it makes my job a nightmare and takes away any opportunities for me to troubleshoot with those that report issues with my original files. If you want to help, PM me with your fixes etc as that is always appreciated.

Thanks!

Vic Hammer

Reaction score
Huh.... I lost my camera completely now. I downloaded to phone, renamed update.zip and installed via bootstrap. Gone... not in the app drawer either... so is video camera. I downloaded via computer, renamed and installed via bootstrap same thing. Other updates went fine. The add account fix, the map update all good.

I have a Droid X rooted, deodexed and your theme that's it. Any ideas???

B.Wallace85

Reaction score
Huh.... I lost my camera completely now. I downloaded to phone, renamed update.zip and installed via bootstrap. Gone... not in the app drawer either... so is video camera. I downloaded via computer, renamed and installed via bootstrap same thing. Other updates went fine. The add account fix, the map update all good.

I have a Droid X rooted, deodexed and your theme that's it. Any ideas???

I didn't rename or anything. I just downloaded the file, put it on my SD Card, set my phone to "Charge Only" afterwards, opened ROM Manager, clicked Install ROM from SD Card and it was fixed after a reboot.

Vic Hammer

Reaction score
Deodexed. and it was working fine after de-odexing. I just tried your all-in-one (wish I had that when I was looking to deodex!) it installed fine, still no camera... weird.

Disclaimer to anyone else reading this, I am certain that it is something I did, not 928's fault, all his products work great!

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Deodexed. and it was working fine after de-odexing. I just tried your all-in-one (wish I had that when I was looking to deodex!) it installed fine, still no camera... weird.

Disclaimer to anyone else reading this, I am certain that it is something I did, not 928's fault, all his products work great!

Have you loaded any ROM other than Pure Stock ROMs(leaks OTA)??

Some of the Custom ROMs "deBLur" and you could be missing the lib file for the Camera.

Also did you update to the official OTA 2.3.15 or are you still on the "leaks"?

First, check in system/app and look for BlurCamera.apk to verify it is there.

Vic Hammer

Reaction score
I had leaked 2.2 then reverted back to 2.1 for the ota 2.2. I rooted and deodexed then applied your black glass theme. That's it. Did the add account fix, the maps fix and then tried this panorama camera fix.

Weird huh?

Blurcamera.apk is there too

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I had leaked 2.2 then reverted back to 2.1 for the ota 2.2. I rooted and deodexed then applied your black glass theme. That's it. Did the add account fix, the maps fix and then tried this panorama camera fix.

Weird huh?

Blurcamera.apk is there too

OK, one more.. from home screen Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications , select the "All" tab... then scroll down and look for "Camera", should be just below "Calendar Sync Adapter"..let me know

Vic Hammer

Reaction score
Calendar
Car Home

No camera.... or video... both are gone from system tray too

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
worked for me installed over tranquility with my own mixture of themes.. some from 928, incognito, and blackbar mod :)

Vic Hammer

Reaction score
No work. And the blurcamera.apk is not back after installing fix

Vic Hammer

Reaction score
FIXED!! deleting and re-installing did work... I can't believe I am admitting this but when you told me to do it I was in a meeting and doing it on the sly so when I applied the zip.... I picked the one for the map update instead of camera update... yea... I'm that stupid. Not sure why I lost it in the first place but thanks so much for helping me fix it.

I'm going to take some pictures now.