HOT Battery?

BastardKitty

Reaction score
Hello :O

I have had my Droid for about a week now. However, the battery gets pretty hot. I will be on the phone for approx 10 minute conversation & it just really starts to warm up. It gets pretty warm right on my ear (not on the back). I know these phones may run a bit warmer than usual...but this isn't normal, is it?

Thanks for your help.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I have had my Droid for about a week now. However, the battery gets pretty hot. I will be on the phone for approx 10 minute conversation & it just really starts to warm up. It gets pretty warm right on my ear (not on the back). I know these phones may run a bit warmer than usual...but this isn't normal, is it?

Thanks for your help.

My phone seems to get toasty from time to time too. Usually its because GPS is on and I'm using other apps too. Batterylife is one widget that displays the phone's temperature for you if you want to compare temps from various times of the day.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks for your help.

This is totally normal. Don't worry about it. Get an app called battery life. I've seen mine as hot as 118 degrees. Now that's unusual but still not excessive. You can first d the app, which is really a widget in the Market.

OP
BastardKitty

BastardKitty

Reaction score
Great...I will download it & thanks for the infodancedroid ( i love that little dancing Droid...HAD to use it)

One more question - how hot is NOT normal?

thanks.

pilot25

Reaction score
Over 120F battery temp and the phone won't take a charge. I routinely have the phone in the sun on the dash of my car and it'll hit 120F it stops charging. So I'm guessing anywhere near that and it's not normal.