honda goldwing and droid?

wolfmann

Reaction score
i own a honda goldwing (motorcycle) and would like to find out if there is a way to interface the phone and music functions to where i can listen/ talk using the headset of the bike. the bike is oldr but in mint condition, its a 1986 goldwing aspencade. the intercom of the 86 is realitivley the same as the 2010's same pinout connections everything. the bike has a tape deck interfaced (built in same inut) with the intercom with the connectors for a cb, which was not built in but connection is there and active. i didnt know if there is a way to use the usb connection to acheive this. really not much different as car kit or a wired headset.

theecigarman

Reaction score
My solution is not really an interface, but an option. You could use the tape deck to play your music through using preconfigured playlists by using a tape deck adapter found at radio shack. I have one for my '03 Audi Cabriolet and it works great for listening to music through. I even can take calls through the car's speakers and just have to hold the droid close similar to using voice search.

Once again, this is an option for you.If they do make an interface, let us know. I haven't heard of any using the usb for audio out yet.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You'd probably have better luck looking around on motorcycle related sites. You'd need to connect via the headset jack on the Droid which is a fairly standard 3.5mm. Or find a bluetooth solution.

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
Try BMW motorcycle sites. You will have to interface with an Autocomm unit. This will give you the ability to connect phone, mp3, radar, etc. This site is also good info. Stromtrooper.com - Powered by vBulletin

I'm guessing you have a Vstrom and a Droid? My dad is a Vstrom owner and I believe he keeps his Droid inside the clear top layer of a tank bag that I think is intended for maps. But doing that requires a hardware button to answer calls on the phone or otherwise bluetooth.

But it does keep the phone secure and safe and the screen visible. You can run a navigator/gps, or "Speed" and "GPS Speedo" to check if your speedometer is close (5 miles slower on the GPS is the average I get in almost any vehicle if it's working), or run Tracks and track your rides and have them automatically uploaded to Google Docs. (Tracks severely runs down the battery faster than say something like Navigator, so for long rides you need a method of charging the battery and keeping the phone cool during the ride). However it's a good way to track everywhere you went exactly on a google map as a line, and certain intervals which record spots on your map for cell signal strength I think.

To the Original Poster -
Would having the phone read out the name of the caller and using bluetooth for audio work? Or are you really looking to use what is built into the bike currently?

Last edited: