Homepipe

hydrolex99

Reaction score
Is anyone using this app to remotely access your files and music? I like it works very well, I was just wondering what people are using to stream their Itunes since (at least in my case) all of my music is in different folders sorted by artist and albums. Any tips/idea?

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I must just have my iTunes library set up luckily because I access all of my iTunes audio through HomePipe and haven't had an issue accessing any of it.

My iTunes files are in a subfolder of my Music folder on my PC. I am not home right now or I would give you the specific directory path, in case that would help. Sorry for not having a more complete/better response, but can give you more information, if it would be helpful. Let me know.

onex1

Reaction score
Just downloaded this today. It was very easy to set up. I have access to all my files but for some reason any music I try to play buffers for like 15 minutes before it plays. Sometimes it just stays in buffering without ever playing. Any help would be much appreciated. Using the motorola droid. Thanks

kpiskin

Reaction score
I was using it between a Win7 notebook I use for testing and my Droid. It does pretty much what I need it to do and is fairly unique as far as I know. The snag for me is that my main file server is an imac with a powerpc cpu, and they don't support it. They support MacOS Leopard which I have, but only if you have an intel based processor.

homepiper

Reaction score
The snag for me is that my main file server is an imac with a powerpc cpu, and they don't support it. They support MacOS Leopard which I have, but only if you have an intel based processor.

If you have these computers networked and can see the drives on your imac from your windows box, you can create a HomePipe folder that points to a network drive (eg: a drive/folder on your powerpc imac).

Click the Sharing/Settings link under your computer/shares in the leftnav on the web interface and then "Make Another Folder Available". You'll see all drives and the network.

homepiper

Reaction score
Just downloaded this today. It was very easy to set up. I have access to all my files but for some reason any music I try to play buffers for like 15 minutes before it plays. Sometimes it just stays in buffering without ever playing. Any help would be much appreciated. Using the motorola droid. Thanks

Try contacting [email protected] if you're still experiencing this problem.

kpiskin

Reaction score
I just saw this, and that's a good idea to try, but then requires me to leave two computers running. Might be a good workaround in a pinch though.