Home Screen

dan427

Reaction score
Done alot of searching... too broad a phrase to come up with any answers..

I want to be able to get to my main Home screen, (the center one) by just pressing the soft home button.

I am using HelixLauncher and currently have my gallery app on the screen to the left. When I press the Home soft key, it takes me back to the screen that the gallery app is on. I have to press it again to get to the center.

I would like to be able to go directly to the center home on the first soft key press. Any ideas on how to do this?

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

bigLanky

Reaction score
if you press the home button when in an application, it will take you back to the home screen you were originally on (1/3 or 3/3)... if you press it again it will take you back to the main home screen

OP
dan427

dan427

Reaction score
Lanky,

I got that.. that's the problem.. I want to go back to my CENTER HOME screen on the first touch of the soft home key.

bassman1547

Reaction score
Just move/slide your movable apps over to the (default) homescreen (the one that shows when you touch the home button)

OP
dan427

dan427

Reaction score
Just move/slide your movable apps over to the (default) homescreen (the one that shows when you touch the home button)

WOW!! That's great advice! You should work for Verizon!

That's like when I tell my doctor that it hurts when I move my arm he tells me, "Well don't move it then"!

I want to keep my set-up the way it is.. my default Home is perfect. I simply want to go "home" on the first touch of the soft Home button.

bassman1547

Reaction score
HA Ha, yeah, I guess your right, Duh :icon_ banana:
I use Helix, and had the same problem. (5 screens). Helix defaulted to the middle screen, which was empty, so that's what I did..scooted everything over one screen. Works for me!:)
Good luck, Droid bro.

OP
dan427

dan427

Reaction score
Helix here too... it's bugging the crap out of me.. I remember seeing the option somewhere, just can't figure out where :(

warrior21

Reaction score
Sorry but bassman is right as much as it might suck. The screens should have been cleard before jumping up to more than 3. That way the middle screen could have been established by hitting home and set up from there. I don't think there is any other way other than clearing them and starting over

toddegreene

Reaction score
Try adw, there's a post somewhere in this forum. It's not available thru the market and is still quite the beta. But, it has the homescreen feature you want, plus some other cool features.

Last edited:
OP
dan427

dan427

Reaction score
Calm down? No ones getting excited.

No matter what screen I enter an app from, whenever I hit the home soft key, I get taken back to the screen from which I started.. my music is on the screen to the right from center, when I push the "home" button, I'm back on the right from center. The gallery is left from center, same deal, "home" soft, back to left from center.

It's really not a big deal, and I'm not gonna loose sleep over it, just wondering if what I want can be done.

elementaldesign

Reaction score
I have 2 droids one rooted the other stock 2.1 I've tried both helix launchers on both phones and have been unable to recreate your problem. Give us some more info. on your setup. As of now try reinstalling.

mad3963

Reaction score
I've used both HelixLaunchers on my stock 2.1 Droid, never experienced this issue either.

warrior21

Reaction score
Calm down? No ones getting excited.

No matter what screen I enter an app from, whenever I hit the home soft key, I get taken back to the screen from which I started.. my music is on the screen to the right from center, when I push the "home" button, I'm back on the right from center. The gallery is left from center, same deal, "home" soft, back to left from center.

It's really not a big deal, and I'm not gonna loose sleep over it, just wondering if what I want can be done.
Ok I see what you are saying. When you are in an app and hit the home button it takes you back to the screen the app is actually on. I never experienced it because I always use the back button to back out so the app closes correctly and doesn't run in the backround. I'm not sure if there is a way to change that but I will play around with a little bit and see.

Big Cam

Reaction score

WOW!! That's great advice! You should work for Verizon!

That's like when I tell my doctor that it hurts when I move my arm he tells me, "Well don't move it then"!

I want to keep my set-up the way it is.. my default Home is perfect. I simply want to go "home" on the first touch of the soft Home button.
I do't mean to sound rude but you should have thought of that when you first installed it.

When you first installed it it advised to to remove all apps.

Once you start it, with 7 screens, you can then create the screens as you see fit. It appears that you set it up one to the left or right. The only solution I can see is is to move stuff over or clear all your apps and start over.