Home Screen Replacement - Balance Launcher

REMilk

Reaction score
This is one of a series of postings on Home Screen Replacements. This review is based on the version that was available in the App Market during the period October 22, 2011 through October 31, 2011. The posting contains my personal view of the Home Screen Replacements. These were all reviewed on my Droid 3. If you like this Home Screen Replacement, please post and describe what you like about it. If you do not like this Home Screen Replacement, then please describe what you do not like about it and/or what you think needs to be changed to improve it. Just saying something like “I like it” or “It sucks” provides not much in the way of information to those with an interest of finding out more about this Home Screen Replacement.

Balancer Launcher

Balancer Launcher is a more of a minimalist home screen replacement for your phone. It offers smooth performance. The feature I find most valuable is the built-in file manager accessible from the menu screen. Balancer Launcher supports a maximum of 7 screens, but these do not fully rotate around. The dock area supports 5 apps and you can put replace any of the default apps with apps of your choosing. The included icons for the ‘default’ apps in the dock look sharp to me.

I had no problems setting up Balancer Launcher and customizing it for my tastes. If I were going the minimalist route, I would give this a full workout.

Last edited:

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I think you meant Balancer Launcher, with an r. I won't even try this launcher as it requires access to SMS and Internet among other things.