Home Screen/Apps not loading

Mishael

Reaction score
there is an extreme lag in when my home screen loads when i get out of an app, then there is an even worse lag in the time it takes for my apps list to load (average 5 for the home screen and 15 for the apps list)
this never happened when i had stock 2.1 and started happening when i got 2.2 sapphire 0.7.0. any way to eliminate this?

acles003

Reaction score
I had a slight lag on 2.1. When I got a certified like new replacement Droid, it came with 2.2 FRG10B, I had no home screen lag. Then the 2.2 FRG22D update came, I installed Adobe Flash, and I have REALLY bad lag on homescreen.

Im only using 4 of the 5 screens, and I have 12 widgets (Pandora, google search bar, Battery meter, time/weather widget, music widget, Handcent SMS, Gmail Unread, Weather Channel, Settings, GTalk, Calendar).

I have heard that the more widgets u have, the more delay you will experience. I don't think thats a lot of widgets, but I could be wrong.

OP
M

Mishael

Reaction score
in my experience its not the amount of widgets, its the widgets themselves. all of those minus the settings widget are very memory intensive. i only use set cpu, settings, free power widget, and clock/date. i use 3 and a half screens. my main concern is that it runs fine about a quarter of the time, the rest it lags which is annoying

Bill Cauley

Reaction score
It seems that turning off "animations" and "live wallpaper" solved the problem for me. Everything is now much faster! [Droid1 2.2 Froyo FGR22D with Flash Player 10.1.92.10]

OP
M

Mishael

Reaction score
i dont have animations, live wall paper, or flash which is weird because it still does it like 33% of the time