Home ++ Compatibility Issues??

olletsocmit

Reaction score
Is anyone else having compatibility issues with Home++. Better Cut does not work very well with it. it only recognizes the icons on the old home screen. it does not work with icons on your Home++ screen. any other issues??

Retribution

Reaction score
Restarting the phone causes issues for me until I force close home and restart. Have to remember it's still a beta program so there will be some annoyances but I absolutely love it

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having compatibility issues with Home++. Better Cut does not work very well with it. it only recognizes the icons on the old home screen. it does not work with icons on your Home++ screen. any other issues??

I'm not sure that all the home replacement apps are completely compatible with Better Cut but the workaround I used was to put all the shortcuts I wanted to change on the home screen. Then when in Home++ launch better cut and change the icons to your shortcut. What it will do is change the icons on the Stock home and add the new shortcut to your Home++ screen.

Reaction score
wow what a bummer. im disappointed that bettercut doesnt work with apps organizer...it works great with the stock home, but I love having the apps organizer shortcuts and bettercut does nothing for those...im sad now.

is there no way to change the icon that shows for an app in the app menu or is that something that only a rooted phone could do?

Last edited:

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
wow what a bummer. im disappointed that bettercut doesnt work with apps organizer...it works great with the stock home, but I love having the apps organizer shortcuts and bettercut does nothing for those...im sad now.

is there no way to change the icon that shows for an app in the app menu or is that something that only a rooted phone could do?

have no fear fellow droider, for I am here to tell you it does work with app organizer!!! Just load all the app organizer shortcuts on the default homescreen like you would normally do then open up better cuts in the home app of your choice and it should appear as icon you can change. That's what idid to get custom App Organizer icons on my GDE home app.

Reaction score
thanks, but what i meant was that i just want to be able to change an apps stock icon...so the apps that show up in the label boxes of app organizer(like music or internet) show custom icons and not just the stock ones..:unsure:

actually this really has nothing to do with home++...i think its just incompatibility of apps organizer and bettercut..but since its called bettercut because it only makes use of shortcuts to apps, than it seems like its just a problem with apps organizer...so i should stop rambling and leave this thread lol.

Last edited:

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
thanks, but what i meant was that i just want to be able to change an apps stock icon...so the apps that show up in the label boxes of app organizer(like music or internet) show custom icons and not just the stock ones..:unsure:

actually this really has nothing to do with home++...i think its just incompatibility of apps organizer and bettercut..but since its called bettercut because it only makes use of shortcuts to apps, than it seems like its just a problem with apps organizer...so i should stop rambling and leave this thread lol.

Oh LOL sorry for the misunderstanding then. In that case yeah it borked. :(

biggestmexi

Reaction score
im now having problems with the pure grid calendar widget.

i started setting it all up, picked some dark skin, then back to screen with widget and home++ force closes. So i uninstalled the calendar app but it still does it on that screen now.

what to do?

edit: ok so just going to the screen doesnt force close it.

Long pressing where the widget WAS does it.

edit edit: never mind i got it. it seems since i was pressing right where it said "this isnt here anymore" did it.

but since it was 4x3, i pressed where the bottom was and it "wasnt there" it wirked to rid me of that.

Last edited: