Holy COW! No one told me I was paying $3 a month for Vis VM that I don't want!!!

pmracing

Reaction score
I called verizon 611 to find out how to stop those notifications. I had already deleted the app on the phone.

and the guy tells me I was paying $3 a month!!!!

so he deleted it from my account and credited me the months charged.That was nice I guess.

Mikeeee

ConqSoft

Reaction score
When you install Visual Voicemail, it says right in the description that it's 2.99/month.

OP
P

pmracing

Reaction score
When you install Visual Voicemail, it says right in the description that it's 2.99/month.

DId I install it? I can't recall... or was it pre-installed
I can't believe I would agree to pay for something I can just listen to.. heheheheee

Mikeeee

ConqSoft

Reaction score
There's an icon there by default, but when you first run it, it prompts you to download the app and tells about the fee.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Try Youmail it is free visual voicemail with lots of cool custom greetings. One of my favorite apps.

Google Voice beats Youmail by miles.....but getting an invite is a bit hard at the moment....

cgarnes

Reaction score
This is so odd. I balked at installing the Visual Voicemail, too, but my VZN rep told me that it was free for Motorola Droid users? I have the 1400 minute plan, on two Droids, so this makes me wonder. Granted, I saw the $2.99 fee, but I'm wondering if it's waived for Droid owners?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
This is so odd. I balked at installing the Visual Voicemail, too, but my VZN rep told me that it was free for Motorola Droid users? I have the 1400 minute plan, on two Droids, so this makes me wonder. Granted, I saw the $2.99 fee, but I'm wondering if it's waived for Droid owners?

They didn't say that to me....You need to check your bill.

And if the reps lips are moving, they are lying.... ;)

longboat

Reaction score
I have both and they are for different purposes. If you don't want to change all your numbers to gogglevoice then youmail makes more sense. It just replaces my VZ cell recording with more options.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

It's free in that the Download is free. You do pay $2.99/mo. I planned to have it, and then I heard about Google Voice. I had that confirmed when I got my invite for Google Voice and wanted to stop VVM. One rep asked another rep if VVM was free for Droid and was told no. I stopped it in any case.

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I have both and they are for different purposes. If you don't want to change all your numbers to gogglevoice then youmail makes more sense. It just replaces my VZ cell recording with more options.

There is no need to change your number with GV...

cgarnes

Reaction score
Hmm, well, that's for the clarification, since I have GV, I will make sure I am not "hooked up to" Visual Voicemail. The one thing that I have noticed with GV, though, is that it is not 100% reliable. My daughter sent me a text early this morning, and I never got it until late afternoon. Odd.

Mattb

Reaction score
Just make sure that if you use YouMail, DO NOT use the Android App for it. I used Youmail for a few years with my blackberries, and always used their app. That was the first thing I installed on my Eris, and it had my phone at 100% awake time all the time killing my battery in about 4-6 hours. Since uninstalling it, I can pretty easily go 20-24 hours with pretty heavy use.

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Correct if I'm wrong it is pre-install and there is a button that asks you to upgrade?