Hints Surface of a Samsung Galaxy S5 Active and a Galaxy S5 Zoom

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-active-water-splash.jpg

Samsung is no stranger to overzealous device marketing, and it looks like they will continue to make that true with the next Galaxy device. According to the latest intel, Samsung is planning on bringing out a Galaxy S5 Active and a Galaxy S5 Zoom, just as they did with the Galaxy S4.

It turns out, this might not be such a bad strategy though. Although the Zoom hasn't garnered a great deal of success, the Galaxy S4 Active turned out to be a pretty decent seller for the company (at least on a few networks - like AT&T). It's not surprising since it is basically a water and dust-resistant version of the SGS4. If Samsung continues the trend with the Galaxy S5 Active, it might be interesting to see if it cannibalizes any sales of the flagship S5.

What do you guys think? Would you hold out for the "Active" version of the S5 or just get the flagship?

Source: BGR

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
I don't understand Samsung to me I would week want one version so no one would hold out over one I our the other

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I would have an S4 Active, instead of the S4 I have now, if the Active was on VZW. But I would still have some kind of case, and the Obex is awesome. Problem solved. Will VZW sit the Active out again?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm just tired of options I want on different phones but never having a phone that has everything I want. I'm hoping LeMoto can figure out the whole "ala carte" thing.