Hidden Ringtone

qwerty04

Reaction score
Let me know if I'm wrong.. but I was using a song as a ringtone that I added by mounting my droid to the computer then decided to delete it after a day. I got a call and noticed it was not a ringtone I've heard before. I looked in phone ringtone menu and nothing was selected. I'm assuming its a hidden ringtone. I still cannot find where it is located and the name of it. I been searching threads about this but have not found anything on it. If you got an answer for me let me know please.

OP
Q

qwerty04

Reaction score
update: you can also delete the ringtone using astro so you dont have to mount the droid. and it got the hidden ringtone too

OP
Q

qwerty04

Reaction score
I just realized that it may not be a hidden ringtone. The name is "default" but you will only be able to get this ringtone if u delete the ringtone u were using. You will not see it under settings>sound&display>phoneringtones. If u go to phone ringtones nothing is selected and there is no choice for "default." The only way u can see and select "default" ringtone is if u go to a contact and choose a ringtone for that contact.

EDIT: This is wrong. default is just the ringtone u chose under sound&display>phoneringtones

Silver Member
Reaction score
are you talking about that weird digital telephone ring? i heard this ringtone on my DROID once and never could figure out what the hell it was.

RichStevenson

Reaction score
I've seen this too when you delete a ringtone that's is selected. I believe when this happens is uses the fallbackringtone.ogg found in the framework-res.apk file in the /res/raw directory, but I haven't confirmed that for sure.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
For some reason lately it doesn't play a ringtone when my wife calls but it does for everyone else. I assume this is because I deleted or renamed her ringtone but I wonder why I didn't get this "default" ringtone that you got? hmmm

Edit: I must fix this before it gets me in trouble :icon_eek:

Reaction score
For some reason lately it doesn't play a ringtone when my wife calls but it does for everyone else. I assume this is because I deleted or renamed her ringtone but I wonder why I didn't get this "default" ringtone that you got? hmmm

In my book this is a bonus feature we all need.

RichStevenson

Reaction score
The framework-res.apk is a system file in the Android operating system on your phone. It contains an audio file (fallbackringtone.ogg) that if for any reason, your selected ringtone is deleted before you actually select a new one, the phone will use this audio file as your default ringtone.

Edit: Windows can't play .ogg files by default. So if you want to listen to that file, which I attached in my last post. You'll have to install a player that can.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
speaking of ringtones, I have a folder on my SdCard called ringtones yet the mp3 in there do NOT show up when I press Menu>sounds>ringtones. and if I long press the file and tell it to use as ringtone it just ends up in my Menu>sounds>ringtones as this funny little square symbol

-=Jason=-

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
to make them automatically show up in ringtones they need to be in:

/sdcard/media/ringtones/

Any mp3s in there will show up in the ringtones list without being added to it manually.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
to make them automatically show up in ringtones they need to be in:

/sdcard/media/ringtones/

Any mp3s in there will show up in the ringtones list without being added to it manually.

I had then in Sdcard/dcim/media/ringtones

I have moved them to sdcard/media/ringtones
they do not show up I just rebooted my phone and and they still are not showing up :(

-=Jason=-