Hidden Menu For Better Sound Quality

lloyd2398

Reaction score
So I was just informed that there is a hidden menu for the Droid and Droid 2 also might work for the X but not to sure. So what you have to do is goto your dialer and type in the numbers listed below. Ill put the order of operation (steps) on what you do for the better quality as far as the other options listed in the hidden menu I have no idea what they do, Only know how to do this one.

first step: Dial ##7764726 and press send
2nd step: enter 000000 for password then hit verify
3rd step: press option #4 Vocoder
$th step: It should be on EVRC if you highlight EVRC-B then when your on the phone the quality is better but the catch is that it does use more batt. power.

Let me know if this works for all of you and or if you allready knew about this hidden menu.

Have fun!!!

OP
lloyd2398

lloyd2398

Reaction score
So I was just informed that there is a hidden menu for the Droid and Droid 2 also might work for the X but not to sure. So what you have to do is goto your dialer and type in the numbers listed below. Ill put the order of operation (steps) on what you do for the better quality as far as the other options listed in the hidden menu I have no idea what they do, Only know how to do this one.

$th step: It should be on EVRC if you highlight EVRC-B then when your on the phone the quality is better but the catch is that it does use more batt. power.

Let me know if this works for all of you and or if you allready knew about this hidden menu.

Have fun!!!

Reaction score
I already knew about this hidden menu. I do have results to share with my experience on the different EVRC codecs. Several people told me that my voice was really quiet when i was on EVRC-B. As far as better voice quality, i don't know. I was too quiet to hear even when they had their phones maxed out on volume so voice quality doesn't matter at that point.

OP
lloyd2398

lloyd2398

Reaction score
What type of phone were you using, because Im using the droid 2 and everyone seems to think its more clear. Thats very wierd you mention that, but also I have only changed it now for about 3 hours at most. I will keep that in mind and start asking everyone if they can hear me pretty good as loudness. Thanks for the heads up.

OP
lloyd2398

lloyd2398

Reaction score
im pretty sure it only makes it for the phone calls quality better. I have noticed that my browser it more stable and overall the phone itself seems much smoother but phone calls and text,browser is for sure signs of improvement.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Be careful, in some markets this could actually cause your in-call audio to be worse.

And, no it will not do anything for music playback.

Rocky

Reaction score

Have fun!!!
Hello, Lloyd.

I just followed the steps and, for some resason, my D2 just rebooted.

My intention was to get the speakerphone speaker (if I can call it that) to be louder, as my D1 used to be louder than this one. We'll see how it works. It seems to be reversible, and I'm glad I'm subscribed to this thread, in case I wanna reverse it.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The catch is also that your towers have to support EVRC-B. I think there are some other caveats as well.