Hi

Arcadian

Reaction score
HI I just bought a droid for my wife and my self. While talking to one of the people with Geek squad he suggested this forum and root my droid. So here I am, I have had great luck with Moto phones. It sounds strange but I still miss my old Cellone Motorola Startac. I am loving the Droid so far, if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to let me know.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Geek squad suggested rooting this thing? That's awesome!

I suggest rooting and finding a rom that suits your needs. Make sure you read up on rooting and some of the possible issues before trying it out. That will make things go smooth and prevent a panic attack thinking you killed your new baby! haha

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
any suggestions

Well by far the easiest way to root is with droidmod updater. Go to this link from your phone:
http://downloads.droidmod.org/dmupdater-10.apk

Then it'll download and ask to install. It will tell you that it's not allowed because your settings arent correct. Tell it to go into settings and click on "allow from unknown sources" or something like that. Then install it. The instructions are there when you open it. This will root your phone. Then you can choose to download their rom or get another one. I would go into the rom section, look as some screenshots and descriptions and see what sounds the most fun.

I use a rom that isn't even mentioned on here (desirerom). And just started messing with the actual droid desire port rom but it's super buggy.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome Arcadian....

Just be aware that once you root your device it WILL void the warranty. But there is no need to really worry about that since bricking (rendering device completely unusable) the device is next to impossible.

With that said one of the easiest ways to gain root access is what Erron told you.

dmupdater will do the process for you and it's VERY simple to go back to stock if you choose.

Good luck and welcome to the forums.

OP
A

Arcadian

Reaction score
can they tell you rooted it if you restore it