Hi there

jdx

Reaction score
'Hello' from a current G1, soon Droid owner. It was a long battle and not an easy decision, i compared for about one week the Droid, the nexus and a few other phones. Since I was really happy with my G1 (currently running 2.1 on it) and the Android platform (wrote a couple of programs for myself), it ended up to be a Nexus VS Droid fight. Even though i love the CPU and RAM specs of the Nexus One, i've decided for myself, that I need a real keyboard and with the new Droid FWs (800Mhz+), the nexus didn't seem to be the superior phone at all, at least for my purposes. I was also kind of scared to see, that the touch screen didn't come off well (video comparison of the nexus, iphone, something and the droid), but still: there is the qwerty-keyboard! I am pretty sure, i wont regret my decision.
So, see ya around!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
'Hello' from a current G1, soon Droid owner. It was a long battle and not an easy decision, i compared for about one week the Droid, the nexus and a few other phones. Since I was really happy with my G1 (currently running 2.1 on it) and the Android platform (wrote a couple of programs for myself), it ended up to be a Nexus VS Droid fight. Even though i love the CPU and RAM specs of the Nexus One, i've decided for myself, that I need a real keyboard and with the new Droid FWs (800Mhz+), the nexus didn't seem to be the superior phone at all, at least for my purposes. I was also kind of scared to see, that the touch screen didn't come off well (video comparison of the nexus, iphone, something and the droid), but still: there is the qwerty-keyboard! I am pretty sure, i wont regret my decision.
So, see ya around!

That physical keyboard is a hot topic right now. Apparently many people really love it and the new Droids, one you'll receive, supposedly have even better keyboards.

2.1 is on it's way (or you could root) so you won't be far behind the N1 at all. Welcome to the forum.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
WELCOME!! I rocked the G1 myself until I moved to an area where T-mobile doesn't exist and there was no way I was going to At&t...

OP
jdx

jdx

Reaction score
Thanks guys.
I wasn't too sure about the Droid keyboard either, because the buttons look so close to each other. On the other hand, the G1 buttons looked really small, the first time i saw them. But they were almost perfect, even with my big sausage fingers.
The reception was one problem in my area too (no reception in my office), but the main reason to switch from TMO to VZ was the Droid!