Hi Everybody

TheHeavyJ

Reaction score
My first more-than-a-phone phone was a Treo 755p. It is still the best phone I ever had. My non-technological wife is happy with it. I always tell her I am going to take it back when we get her a new one.
I made the move to Pre when I wanted to be able to multi-task. If I wanted to find my way around NYC when on a trip there, I had to open Google Maps then close it to use a bus schedule app, then reopen Maps to find a path to the busstop. The Palm worked very well for this.
Then Palm took away Google Maps and replaced it with Bing. Really?? Lame move. VZW actually has the Palm Pre still available on their website. If they were still using Google Maps, I would have gotten one of those after my Pre started to die due to too many drops. There are a couple map apps for Pre that use the Google Map API's, but they don't have the features that I am used to. Too bad for me. I really liked the WebOS.
My contract was up for renewal, so I went to the VZW store intent on getting an iPhone. I have used Apple computers since 1999, and I liked what I saw on others' iPhones. Bear in mind I do not consider myself a fanboy. I am a bigger fan of Linux these days and am happy using Windows 7 on my work computer.
Within 12 hours I realized the restrictions put on iPhone developers would make the iPhone a glamorous toy. I wanted more. Plus a co-worker showed me the miracle that is Swype. The next day I went in and traded the iPhone for a Droid RAZR. Never lookin' back.
Great to be here!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Great to have you here TheHeavyJ!! Thanks for the intro. Make yourself at home and enjoy the forums!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the droid forums :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member