HEY new here

Mr.Z

Reaction score
sup guys im Ron basically im trying to decide if i should get Droid. every phone forum i ask questions in is just full of iPhone fanboys that tell me droid sucks and nothing actually helpful to me, so i decided to come here.

First of all, do you guys ever find yourself getting close to that 5GB limit?

Also hows the battery do under heavy use? (I don't spend much time on you tube or heavy game apps, just simpler apps, LOTS of web browsing, and LOTS of texting)

Thanks for your unbiased help!

zegolf

Reaction score
Your battery life is going to be pretty standard for any "Smart phone". The thing most people forget is that this is, for all intents and purposes, a mini-computer. It's got a processor, graphics chip, etc. so it's going to suck power any time you start it up. The most prevalent battery hog is going to be the display. If you're concerned, you can just lower the display brightness. Apps that run in the background will suck up battery as well.

Here's a link to a battery review

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome aboard Ron.

Should you get the Droid? Yes. Web browsing is fantastic on VZW's network and texting using Handcent (free app) is excellent. The native messaging program is great as well. so you will be covered.

In regards to the 256mb limit. I'm no where near it. With 25 apps I've only used 10megs.

I've seen members here with 110 apps and still have space left. Most of the apps in the market place are xxx kbs and yu mentioned you don't play a lot of games and such so you will be more than good.

There is not a simple answer as to the battery question because there are too many variables to consider.

It really depends. If you are using BT, GPS, or wifi it will obviously drain the battery quicker. Long browsing sessions and long calls will also be attributed to quicker battery drain so on and so forth.

I would say that overall it has very good battery life.

I highly recommend anyone thinking of getting to jump in and grab it. It's a stellar device and the personal customizations are superior to any phone out right now.

The iPhone is a great device no doubt but the Droid does offer a lot more as far as total customization. not to mention it has VZW behind it. You cannot beat the coverage.

OP
M

Mr.Z

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for all your help. zegolf i checked out that link and was amazed by the battery of this thing. and cereal killer the fact that its on Verizon makes it a better buy than the iPhone. i know from personal experience my girlfriend had at&t, she switched to Verizon after seeing how great my service was. and the customization is pretty good i tried it at a vzw store today. I think my mind is set just cant wait for my upgrade in 2 weeks. Thanks again!

Last edited:

zegolf

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for all your help. zegolf i checked out that link and was amazed by the battery of this thing. and cereal killer the fact that its on Verizon makes it a better buy than the iPhone. i know from personal experience my girlfriend had at&t, she switched to Verizon after seeing how great my service was. and the customization is pretty good i tried it at a vzw store today. I think my mind is set just cant wait for my upgrade in 2 weeks. Thanks again!

I hesitated a bit, as well, and can't believe I ever did so. I'm 100% happy with this device, and am so glad I made the switch.