Here's a good s/w for converting videos to DX format

sda

Reaction score
For anyone who's interested, I came across this link on CNET:

Wondershare Giveaway | Facebook

This lets you download Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for free till Sep 25 if you 'like' it on Facebook. I downloaded it and was impressed with the features of this software. I also did a couple of trial conversions and the results are pretty darn good. There are easy options to read inputs from file / DVD / ISO and preset output modes to convert to a whole bunch of popular formats, including Droid X format.

In case you are interested, grab it before the 'free' offer runs out.

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
This program is not working for me man. Tried it and like the features it does what it says (copied a dvd that no other programs of mine could) but the quality is POOP. The video LAAAAAAAAAAGGGGSSS well after the audio i have tried messing with almost setting and cant get them to sync whatsoever. It only works when i cancel the conversion before completion but i dont want to babysit my computer just to do end it right before the end. I think it only lags when i copy a dvd and try converting some itunes drm videos not when i convert a regular video file but im not sure. Man i spent a good time just trying to fix this and i know its free but damn if they are selling this for 50 bucks a pop, their making a killing selling crap. sorry if out of line but still not a very good product. plus it doesnt let me choose my own damn custom res it just switches it to one it thinks is similar hate it. :icon_evil: "Just my two cents"

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
DVD Catalyst 3 for $10 is a much better deal.

OP
S

sda

Reaction score
Lex, sorry to hear you are having trouble with the Wondershare software. Maybe the DVD read speed or CPU speed of your conversion computer is a little slow, due to which the video is being processed slower than the audio? I used to have similar behavior on my 10-year old desktop with a 800MHz processor a while ago. One other thing I can suggest is to contact their support desk (if exists).

On my end, I have converted a few DVDs and played them on my Droid X and also on my computer (using VLC Player) and it worked great.

Good luck on your issue. If not this, I'm sure there are other products which might work better for you.

John Z

Reaction score
i use handbrake it was free, i downloaded it from HandBrake

only thing is i heard somthing about them changing somthing in the software where it doesnt have DVD decryption, i have 9.2 on my mac n it works perfect and it was free. its alittle slow during the converting but ive never had a problem with quality.

Last edited:

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

only thing is i heard somthing about them changing somthing in the software where it doesnt have DVD decryption, i have 9.2 on my mac n it works perfect and it was free. its alittle slow during the converting but ive never had a problem with quality.

+1 Handbrake is good stuff.

Also, for the sync issue its probably related to one of your Codec's. Try to update your codec packs and make sure in the settings your selecting the correct codecs for a/v. Also, some filters do not play nice with others and create conflicts. Could also be a hardware issue (like someone else suggested)

shm613

Reaction score

+1 Handbrake is good stuff.

Also, for the sync issue its probably related to one of your Codec's. Try to update your codec packs and make sure in the settings your selecting the correct codecs for a/v. Also, some filters do not play nice with others and create conflicts. Could also be a hardware issue (like someone else suggested)

+1 Handbrake

I used to use Handbrake when I would rip my DVDs to avi files. It is an amazing open source program for converting video to just about anything.

timrock

Reaction score
+1 for handbrake. 15 minutes to convert a 4gb blu ray, and maintain the quality. cant beat that

abe7333

Reaction score

This **** is good. I use it everyday

"I know not with what weapons War World III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with stick and stones."-Albert Einstein.

Send from Droid X

dennyjones

Reaction score
Different approach

I am using Rockplayer and it will play .avi files without conversion. I just copy the .avi file to my sd card, fire up Rockplayer and it works great.

DennyJones

Shibbey

Reaction score
+1 for Handbrake.
If I have to, I use DVDFab free version to rip the DVD to a folder and process it with Handbrake from the folder.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk