Here are some problems with the Droid

Diordna

Reaction score
For me anyways. Please if anyone knows what's up with these problems tell me.

First off:

Sending texts to my gf who's also verizon, sometimes doesn't go through. It's rare but that isn't my main concern, it's when I copy and paste to the message and send it, it shows up blank for her. I could copy and paste that message over and over again it's always blank. So usually I have to copy it by typing the whole thing out just to send something I wanted to copy and paste, normally.

Second:

My gf sent me several pictures of her (NOT NUDE.... wouldn't mind though) from her phone and sent a video that was real short to me and I wouldn't even get ANY of it!! Before it was no problem, is this a bugless thing?

Thirdly:

MY droid and the video cam. It won't send out more than like 10 seconds of video into a text message! It's low quality for SMS and everything, but come on I use to be able to send long video clips out. Ugh!!

GeLopez

Reaction score
i tested the first 2 issues you have and mine works perfectly.

im also using BB1.0 only difference my kernel is 800 lv.

so, i would say some random app is causing a conflict with your sms

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I've had the first problem that you have. It seems to happen to me when I'm sending a high volume of SMS back and forth with my GF. I'll get a: "Could not be sent" - so I click on it and it copy/pastes to the text messaging window so I can hit send again. --- Doesn't sound like it is exactly what you're experiencing but similar. I had this problem before I rooted to Bugless Beast so I know it isn't BB 1.0 (1Ghz).

And yes, before I rooted the Droid does not send/receive video well at all. Almost never works. I've given up entirely sending/receiving video via mms - I just connect to wifi and upload to youtube / gmail.

Doesn't it make you feel good that you pay $20/month for unlimited texts? :)

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score
i tested the first 2 issues you have and mine works perfectly.

im also using BB1.0 only difference my kernel is 800 lv.

so, i would say some random app is causing a conflict with your sms

Thanks for the testing! Dang though.
And oh yeah I switched to 800 last night, thanks for reminding me lol

Also the video ore than 30 seconds? Mine wouldn't even send with 20

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score
I've had the first problem that you have. It seems to happen to me when I'm sending a high volume of SMS back and forth with my GF. I'll get a: "Could not be sent" - so I click on it and it copy/pastes to the text messaging window so I can hit send again. --- Doesn't sound like it is exactly what you're experiencing but similar. I had this problem before I rooted to Bugless Beast so I know it isn't BB 1.0 (1Ghz).

And yes, before I rooted the Droid does not send/receive video well at all. Almost never works. I've given up entirely sending/receiving video via mms - I just connect to wifi and upload to youtube / gmail.

Doesn't it make you feel good that you pay $20/month for unlimited texts? :)
Your first thing you mentioned is totally different lol I had that a few times but nothing big.
Just copy and pasting after a message somehow is blank always makes it blank for some reason.

Also stuff like Google Translator, that app has an option to send the different language after it translates it for you in SMS but it sent blank to the recipient. That isn't fun copying manually lolol

And I don't pay for unlimited, only the I thing 450 limited a month. All I really text and call drastically is my girlfriend (Thank GOD for mobile to mobile) dancedroid